Disaster Response. Environmental Projects. Community Support. Rebuilding. Human Services. Technology. Urban & Rural Planning. Public Relations. Management.
The US Government offers two excellent paid programs for training and leadership.
An excellent option for those interested in business, computer science/IT, construction, carpentry, building trades, animal care, education, environmental management, emergency services, forestry, disaster response, public administration, social sciences, law enforcement, homeland security, public health, public relations, writing/journalism, counseling, human services, recreation, non-profit services, or careers with local, state or federal government and organizations.
Federal Program Benefits
- No experience or education level required; No diploma or degree required
- Gain experience while exploring career options
- Gain a competitive edge over other job applicants in private or government sectors
- Gain leadership and management experience
- Gain college credits for continuing education and workforce development (earn 6-9 credit hours)
- Gain new contacts by networking with government and community agency directors
- Gain new skills in your career field and expand your capabilities
- Gain advantages for college, trade school or apprenticeships
- Team Leader option for those with advanced skills and education
- Begin application process at age 17
- Program can be repeated
- Travel, lodging, healthcare- plus childcare allowance if applicable
- Earn bi-weekly pay plus $6,095 to pay off educational debt or pay for future educational and job training expenses
Please attend our info session for program information and application assistance:
Virtual Information Session (available 24/7)