Customer Service Representative – Madison, WI
Kelly Services is currently recruiting for a Customer Support Representative for our client; one of the world’s leading equipment and manufacturing companies at its Financial Headquarters location in Madison, WI.
This assignment tentatively starts in June 2017 and pays $15.71 per hour.
• Researches, analyzes, and responds to inquiries of a complex nature and assists less experienced staff with complex customer issues.
• Contacts customers to resolve outstanding customer service issues.
• Assists supervisors in the continuous improvement of the customer service delivery process.
• Use telephone skills to solve customer issues.
• Review payment history and account information.
• Update/confirm customer demographics.
• Follow procedures and work within federal and state regulations and company policy.
• Display excellent communication, both verbal and written.
• Handle a wide variety of issues and solving problems and working in a global team environment.
Skills and Qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required, but a Bachelor's degree in business or a related discipline is preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in customer service environment.
• Ability to remain seated for long periods of time to perform telephone work in a call center environment.
• Must possess basic to intermediate computer skills and MS Office experience.
• Strong computer aptitude; familiar with both mainframe and software applications.
• Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge.
• Must possess strong attention to detail.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Capacity to quickly change focus on work activities.
Term of Assignment
• 8-month assignment: June 2017 to February 2018, with a possibility of an extension depending on performance and needs of the client.
• Scheduled shifts will be 8 hours and fall between 7am-6pm, Monday-Friday with 2-3 weeks of training provided.
Note: Must have insurance industry experience. Medicaid & Medicare experience is required.
The Sales Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all activities related to growing and retaining the Medicare Advantage enrollment. The primary responsibilities include providing assistance to the Sales & Marketing Manager and the Medicare Benefits Consultants. This position reports to the Sales Manager.
Duties listed below may vary in terms of importance and other duties may be added or eliminated.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• The will be doing a lot of heavy lifting they must be able to lift 50+ pounds repetitively for 8-12 hours per day. They must be available for all 3 shifts.
• A minimum of 6 months manufacturing experience.
• High School Diploma or GED
Minimum 4 years of experience in developing and implementing production services using the technologies listed below.
In priority order…
Basic knowledge of bash commands/shell scripting (Unix/Linux/ macOS)
Knowledge of Docker - Containers/Containerization
Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CICD)
Knowledge of Queuing technologies like RabbitMQ, or Kafka or Simple Queue Service (SQS)
Knowledge of GitLab
Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings
Nice to have…
NoSQL DB (MongoDB, Cassandra)
Micro Services architecture
Knowledge of RHEL Linux
Knowledge of Cloud Thinking/Concepts (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
Job Title: Data Modeler
Job Location: Madison, WI
Project Duration: 8+ Months
Will be operating as part of the Advance B Operational Data Modeling Team -Will be assigned to one or more of the Advance Releases -Will be operating in a exceedingly quick paced, Agile, method -Will be working on new Data Modeling development, as well as updating existing data models -Will be working on both traditional OLTP and Guidewire B s Policy process system (xml based schema) -Will be operating each separately and alternative team members -will be guided by experienced client Data Modelers