SYSTEM QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST SENIOR IN GLEN ALLEN, VA
: Glen Allen, VA, USA
Description:This position is responsible to develop thorough test plans for medium (relating to complexity) systems to ensure a smooth transition from a development environment to a production environment. Responsible for testing, reviewing and learning medium (relating to complexity) functionality of software applications which are developed in house and those purchased form third party vendor. Develops and maintains documented standards for quality acceptance in software.
Experience in and knowledge of the following testing tool sets/frameworks:
• Heavy working SQL knowledge •
• Experience in data manipulation languages to setup test data and verify results
• Experience in Load, Extract and Interface testing required.
• Strong knowledge of UNIX and commands
• Knowledge of shell scripts/Perl
• Knowledge in ETL or Informatica
• UltraEdit/UltraCompare or other ability to manipulate/validate data in UNIX database
• Able to work independently
• SOAP UI
• Tools such as JIRA / Confluence Java
• Hands on, working experience with automated testing tools (Cucumber / Selenium / Java)
• Working knowledge and experience in AWS (certification preferred)
Title: System QA Analyst
Location: Glen Allen, VA (Onsite, no remote work allowed)
Duration of Assignment: 6mths to start, potential to convert contingent upon performance
Interview Process: 1st round via Phone, 2nd round in person (no exception for those out of state candidates)
(No video pre-screening required)
- Develops test plans for medium systems to ensure application functionality meets original requirements to project.
- Works closely with software development staff to test and review applications developed in house or purchased from third party vendor prior to installation.
- Becomes knowledgeable of business applications systems as they are used within the business department, research and respond to application inquires.
- Responsible for mentoring of Associate Quality Assurance Analyst.
- Develops and maintains documented standards for quality acceptance of software
- Maintains up to date test environment
- Ensures end user documentation correlates with program functionality
- Maintains an on going self study program to enhance QA skills and knowledge.
This is a data centric position, to make sure that the Unix environment is working and running successfully
MUST have AUTOMATION testing and be an expert in all testing methodology
Selenium/Java/Cucumber is a big plus
Prefer someone with Healthcare or financial background
Candidate MUST be an expert in both SQL and UNIX shell scripting