· Completes all technical development tasks pertaining to applications per approved projects and allocated budgets;
· Interfaces extensively with functional users to confirm the applicability of design alternatives, identifies and recommends cost effective options, and address user concerns;
· Interfaces as necessary with all critical integration points to insure that applications are integrating successfully and efficiently with all requested applications;
· Conducts necessary internal quality assurance, system testing, and load testing to ensure that the application is of high quality when released to users for the User Acceptance Testing phase of the project (manage all necessary migration of software code to/from the respective environments ¿ development, quality assurance, training);
· Works closely with end users and corporate sponsors during the User Acceptance Testing phase of the project to ensure that any and all necessary changes to the application can be accommodated to meet user requirements while also honoring timeline and budget restrictions;
· Provides detailed deployment documentation to the support group to insure preparedness to deploy new releases into the production environment within the SLA windows
· Designs, implements, and maintains databases with respect to access methods, access time, validation checks, and statistical methods;
· Maps workflow and creates design specifications based on functional requirements;
· Translates logical information model to efficient physical database designs;
· Configures, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains program code and applications to support business processes and functions; works on large, complex installations;
· At the lower levels, responsibilities may focus primarily on simple systems analysis and development activities.
· At the senior level positions, responsibilities may focus primarily on design and development of innovative business solution systems.
· Evaluates reusability of current data for additional analysis;
· Reviews object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
· Java/Groovy or other OO development language - 8+ years