Urgent req for IT Manager - Software Development (MS Dynamics 365) @ Portland, OR
Client : MNC (Direct Client)
Position : IT Manager - Software Development (MS Dynamics 365)
Location : Portland, OR
Start Date : ASAP
Position type : CTH option (4~6 months, CTH)
Experience : 10 ~ 15 years in IT
Key Skills : Development Project Manager with any MS Dynamics 365 implementation experience
Interview process: Phone to WebEX or In-person for local candidates
We are looking for hard core development manager, who knows the technology inside out and also can lead a large team of developers”
- The Manager Software Development at Client side serves as the global leader for Retail IT technical solutions delivery and an integral part of the global Direct to Consumer (DTC) IT leadership team. This role partners with global technology teams onsite/offshore to orchestrate delivery/implementation of applications and solutions that support our mission critical Retail IT functions and systems.
- This position envisions product development and manages projects through completion; analyzes, designs and develops software enhancements and new modules; manages development project from initial design through testing while providing strategic management direction.
- Success in this role requires management and technical skills with the ability to communicate effectively, build relationships and influence outcomes in a highly cross-functional matrix organization. Qualified candidates must possess the agility to engage at the senior leadership level and the proven ability to drive for results.
- This position is accountable for multiple technical teams tasked with managing and delivering technical solutions for Retail IT across the enterprise. The candidate should be able to independently lead multiple technical development teams consisting of internal/partner resources to scope work, identify appropriate resources, set goals, track and report progress, develop schedules, and communicate to business/IT leadership..
Specific Job Skills:
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience, to include a minimum of 3 years in a lead role or management position.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a global IT outsourcing organization required
- At least 3 years’ experience with global apparel retailers
- Experience with MS Dynamics preferred
- Strong experience with Microsoft .NET, SQL Server, and X++ technologies
- Certification in agile methodology preferred; SCRUM framework
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative, agile) and contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools.
- Strong experience working and managing offshore development teams
- Familiarity with large ERP development, testing, QA, and release management
- In depth, hands-on knowledge of at least one industry leading retail ERP implantation, multi-country, multi-language, multi-currency ERP implementation
- Strong experience with IT Service Management best practices
- Strong experience in continuous service improvement (CSI)
- Strong understanding of retail business models, store operations and order management functions required
- Experience in preparing business case including ROI regarding offshore models
- Provide thought leadership, developing new ideas/alternatives and ability to contribute to discussion of abstract concepts and translate into actionable projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong interpretive skills, as well as the ability to effectively present, negotiate, influence, and create support around a common direction.
- Strong understanding of software development processes, procedures, and technology
- Strong understanding of project management methodology
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning and tracking project progress.
- Designs, develops and modifies programs, including prototypes.
- Researches product development options and provides analysis for product direction.
- Consults with internal departments to identify customer needs and include into project objectives. Provides support regarding product development to internal departments.
- Creates related documentation.
- Experience working with global teams of technical architects/developers/testers
- Track record of successfully managing an large onshore/offshore software development team working on a large implementation/upgrade project
- Exposure to both wholesale and retail business models
- Deep understanding of Direct To Consumer processes
- Partner with senior business/IT leaders to identify business problems and propose technology solutions
- Provide leadership to the software development team
- Strong experience in release management processes and technology
- Experience in managing large, globally distributed teams consisting of internal/partner resources
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise team members, and contractors
- Ability to own software development roadmap for global Direct To Consumer space
- Ensure seamless execution of strategic projects by partnering with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent presentation/verbal/written communication skills to present technical and non-technical information clearly and concisely to individuals of different backgrounds, technical expertise, and levels of authority
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment involving rapidly changing priorities
- Maintain intimate understanding of business priorities and objectives related to this area of responsibility and establish effective communication and collaboration with stakeholders across the enterprise
- Plan and manage project and departmental budgets and forecasts
Thanks & Regards,
Sr. Technical Recruiter
(972) 646 8686 / (224) 255 3406
Aurum Data Solutions Inc.,