Office Administration, Event Management, Marketing, Schedule Management, Time Management
Job Purpose: To provide support for top level executives by providing executive level administrative support by providing clerical support, receiving clients and visitors, arranging travel and correspondence, and scheduling meetings. May also be responsible for training and supervising lower level clerical staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Manage and maintain executive schedules, including scheduling travel and conferences, making appointments, and making changes to appointments.
· Answering and directing calls to appropriate executives and parties, taking messages.
· Greeting visitors and determining access to appropriate parties.
· Overseeing administrative policies within an organization and within the office; recommending changes as appropriate.
· Opening, sorting, and distributing correspondence, including email, faxes, and snail mail.
· Reading and analyzing submissions, letters, agendas, memos and determining significance; routing to appropriate personnel in a timely and efficient manner.
· Prepare reports, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations.
· Develop and utilize historical information; provide retrieval of information. Record meeting discussions and provide minutes.
· Maintain inventory and office supplies. Anticipate office needs; evaluate new office products; place and often expedite orders when necessary.
· Ensure operation of office equipment, order maintenance when necessary. Troubleshoot malfunction of office equipment.
· Provide payroll processing. Answer questions regarding payroll. Provide quarterly tax reports and filing.
· Maintain knowledge by attending professional and technical educational seminars and workshops; review publications; establish professional and personal networks within the industry. Participate in societies relative to the business.
· Data analysis; Proficient in Access, MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Perform filtering and sorting of data, V-lookup and other functions.
· Coordinate finances, assist with budget preparation.
· Train clerical staff on office equipment, policies and procedures, arrange for setup on new computers and logging of new employees in database.
· Meet with special interest groups or individuals on behalf of executives.
· Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
· Prepare checks for signature and review.
· Provide clerical and general office support to other offices. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to other staff members when appropriate.
· Prepare and develop a records management system; maintain and recommend changes to records system when appropriate.
· Interact with customers when appropriate and problem solve. Document complaints and develop an appropriate course of action. Report problems to executives when they cannot be resolved for attention.
· Evaluate policies to ensure they are in compliance with corporate rules and mission