|: San Francisco, CA, USA|
The L2 SOC Analyst, Cyber Security Response Operations needs to be well organized, reliable, a strong communicator, detail oriented, demonstrate good judgment, be confident working in a team or independently, and comfortable in the handling of confidential information. The role involves regular interaction with various groups and leadership within the organization in order to accomplish job responsibilities.
Responsible for working in a 24x7 Security Operation Center (SOC) environment.
• Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices.
• Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
• Experience managing and working with MSSP and SIEM technology. Directing MSSP to build SOC platform to alerts and detects threats
• Ability to interpret Windows, Linux, Firewall, VPN, SSO and other security log files.
• Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services.
• Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities
• Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
• Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
• Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• 3+ years' experience as a Security/Network Administrator or equivalent knowledge.
• Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems).
• Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
• Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications.
• GCIA, GCIH, or other related certifications.
Drive innovation by analyzing and interpreting data to test and inform a new initiative or approach.
• Accountable for successful completion of multiple, individual projects simultaneously.
• Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of a variety of written and visual documents for diverse audiences.
• Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by embracing change and adjusting priorities or processes and approach as needs dictate.
• Take responsibility for successes and failures related to individual and team-based project work assignments; actively presents suggestions for solution(s), if objectives not met.