|: Newark, NJ, USA|
|: Not Specified|
|: 2 months ago|
• Involved in Business analysis and requirements gathering.
• Assisted in creating fact and dimension table implementation in Star Schema model based on requirements.
• Extensively used ETL methodology for testing and supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using Informatica.
• Worked on Informatica Power Center tool - Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping & Mapplet Designer and Transformation
• Extensively used Informatica power center for ETL process.
• Preparation of ETL mapping specifications.
• Performed segmentation to extract data and create lists to support direct marketing mailings and marketing mailing campaigns.
• Defined data requirements and elements used in XML transactions.
• Reviewed and approved database modifications
• Troubleshooting, resolving and escalating data related issues and validating data to improve data quality.
• Extensively tested the Business Objects report by running the SQL queries on the database by reviewing the report requirement documentation.
• Validating the reporting objects in the reporter against the design specification document.
• Validating the data files from source to make sure correct data has been captured to be loaded to target tables.
• Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process to automate the process of loading, pulling the data for testing ETL loads.
• Written several shell scripts using UNIX Korn shell for file transfers, error log creations and log file cleanup process.
• Tuned ETL jobs/procedures/scripts, SQL queries, PL/SQL procedures to improve the system performance.
• Tested several UNIX shell scripting for File validation and also PL/SQL programming
• Validating the load process of ETL to make sure the target tables are populated according the data mapping provided that satisfies the transformation rules.
• Involved in validating the aggregate table based on the rollup process documented in the data mapping.
• Prepared test plans/test schedules with inputs from Project manager and development team
• 5 years in Data warehouse Tester
• Should be open to relocate anywhere in the United States.