|: Pittsburgh, PA, USA|
|: Not Specified|
|: 2 months ago|
Yocto, Embedded Linux, BSP, Board Bringup
We are looking for software developers who are passionate about developing and optimizing Linux / Android based platforms.
Timesys is a pioneer and industry leader in open source software security, development tools and engineering services spanning the embedded software market. With Timesys’ expertise, OEMs, ODMS, and design houses cut development costs and accelerate time-to-market for BSPs and devices, HMI / UX, security, and IoT systems and applications using embedded Linux, Android, FreeRTOS and other open source solutions. Timesys offers a complete end-to-end device security solution enabling developers to implement security early in design and maintain strong security throughout product lifecycles with Vigiles, a real-time vulnerability monitoring and management service. Representing more than 20 years of embedded development experience, Timesys’ broad portfolio, embedded expertise, and extensive partner ecosystem are used by 1000+ projects to develop leading products and applications including medical, industrial, networking, aerospace, and consumer solutions.
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
What you will be doing
- Driver development and new hardware enablement on Linux, Android or RTOS
- Integrate various software into build systems
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
What we need to see
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer, Electrical Engineering (with software development emphasis) — or equivalent experience
- 1-3+ years of experience building and shipping embedded systems using Linux or RTOS
- Ability to troubleshoot low level software issues and distinguish between hardware and software issues
- Proficiency in C
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Experience writing code to setup SoC peripherals and ISRs
- Strong problem-solving skills, be adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership of complex problems
- Ability to collaborate well with other developers, managers, and across teams
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Hands-on Linux experience in either professional or hobby projects is a strong plus.
- Proficiency in Git is a strong plus.
- Experience with real-time operating systems is a plus.
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge open source technologies
- Wide variety of challenging projects to choose from
- Heaven for geeks, 100s of boards spanning multiple SoC architectures to work with
- Flexible timings
- Casual work environment
- Generous PTO, Health insurance (medical/dental/vision), 401k
Senior Manager - HR