Position Title: Environment Health and Safety/ Product Stewardship Specialist
Location:Los Angeles, California
ZIP Code: 91342
Duration: + Months of contract with possible extension
Shift Timing: Monday to Friday 1st shift
Specific responsibilities include:
• Responsible for developing and implementing Product Stewardship compliance program for the Aerospace SBU to ensure products are introduced, sold, distributed, transported globally in compliance with Product Stewardship regulations.
• Support SDS management activities including trouble shooting and SDS availability in GPS database
• Oversee data transfer activities from ERP systems to GPS. Troubleshoot issues as needed
• Manage Dangerous Goods classifications for Aerospace products in GPS
• Support product compliance efforts using Overall Status tool
• Manage PS SharePoint sites
• Support Raw Materials management activities
• Develop and update procedures and systems consistent with SBU and corporate practices.
• Participates in cross-functional teams to identify gaps and develop action plans to improve Product Stewardship processes within the business.
• Understand, support, and maintain necessary chemical notifications, registrations, authorisations under global chemical control regulations (REACh, TSCA, DSL, AICS, etc.).
• Point of internal contact for customer inquiries regarding product regulatory compliance matters.
• Monitor and manage emerging issues in the areas of Product Stewardship, and chemical regulations
• Bachelor’s degree in EHS field, chemistry, engineering, or related science with minimum of 3 years of relevant experience or advanced degree in EHS field, chemistry, engineering, or related science with less than 1 year of experience.