· Analyze and prioritize business needs/case to ensure that initiatives align with the business strategies, goals and objectives of OIT
· Project oversight, managing and coordinating project activities
· Coordinating functional design sessions, including coordinating the location(s), preparing communications to design session participants, managing schedule of participants, surveying participants after the session, facilitating the sessions, and documenting the outcomes of the sessions.
· Translating business problems or needs into business requirements and functional specifications.
· Coordinating clarifications to written documents and open issues resulting from the design sessions and subsequent reviews.
· Maintaining current documentation throughout the life of the project.
· Incorporating quality processes and participating in documenting the quality reviews.
· Coordinates project reporting and tracking through standardized tools and provides assistance to the project managers, development managers, and technical teams
· Work directly with users, customers, OIT staff and systems developers to assess the business capabilities of users and customers and suggest changes to the applications that support OIT to leverage strengths and mitigate weaknesses
· Create and analyze business process flows, data flows, and state-change diagrams along with other documentation as required to facilitate enterprise analysis and enhancements to the OIT portfolio
· Determine effective approaches to systems development through awareness of user and customer goals and objectives as well as knowledge of their strategic plans and project initiatives
· Investigate the nature of issues reported by OIT systems users/customers to determine if it is a result of user error or a misunderstanding of functionality or if there is a system defect
· Utilize understanding of the interrelationships that exist between the automated system and the business processes to assess the nature of issues and questions
· Active, clear communication with team members and management.
· Comfortable working directly or indirectly with other team members.
· Prepare technical specifications and functional designs from specifications provided by developers using use cases, process maps and data flow diagrams before using judgment to develop standards and procedures for project implementation
· Evaluate systems integration test and user acceptance test scenarios to ensure test criteria addresses all project requirements
Requirements - Interviews must be in person
· 4+ years senior level, experience as a project manager for software technology projects for medium to large systems
· 2 + years expert level experience in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, etc.
· 4 + years senior level technical and business writing experience
· A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Business, Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline
· Strong analytical and organization skills
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong critical reasoning and decision making ability
· Adept at using tools for preparing reports, streamlining business processes, and explaining and documenting project plans and processes
· Accurate, thorough and detail oriented
· Efficient with time sensitive projects
· 2 or more years of professional experience in business and/or systems analysis
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
· Proficiency with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) program
· Professional knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies
· Experience with Agile and waterfall methodologies
· PMI-ACP Certification