Title: ETL Developer
Location: Princeton, NJ
Duration: 6+ Months
The candidate will be responsible for implementing highly efficient, highly scalable ETL processes in an environment involving a technology stack that includes Oracle, ETL, data warehousing and OLAP technologies. The business domain is asset management in the transportation industry. Candidate must be focused, hard-working and self-motivated.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Analyze functional business specifications in order to design technical solutions, develop extract-transform-load programs
· Develop and execute test plans
· Identify and resolve defects and ensure technical solutions satisfy functional and technical requirements.
· Responsible for designing and developing technical components within Oracle toolset, including data cleansing, data extraction, data transformation, data load and data integration, to ensure successful data migration from multiple legacy sources into Oracle EBS
· Experienced designing, mapping and testing of data transformations to migrate legacy data into new ERP system , preferably Oracle EBS
· Experience implementing and managing Master Data, including data profiling, data analysis and data mapping Solid understanding of data structures and data extraction techniques
Experience using industry standard ETL and data quality tools
· Experience in full life cycle implementation in the areas of data management and data migration
Design, create specifications, develop code and perform testing of ETL/database application projects.
· Simultaneously perform multiple projects and maintain accountability for all tasks associated with the projects.
· Assist in data migration needs of the department and company where applicable.
· Be able to take directions and complete tasks on-time with minimal supervision
· Interact with IT management regarding work assignments and report status.
· Use change management tools for deployment of enhancements to the data environments Recommend corrective action when necessary to improve performance, capture exceptions, and maintain scheduled jobs.
· Recommend backup strategies for all data migration projects/applications.
· Perform job monitoring, root cause analysis and resolution, and support production processes.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
· 10 + years of overall development experience
· 5+ years of experience in ETL technologies, preferably using Oracle Data Integrator
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle
· Experience gathering and documenting business requirements
· Excellent query-writing skills
· Experience with multiple database products (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL), including minimum 5 years of using Oracle
· Excellent verbal and written communication, excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment
· Competently handle competing, multiple priorities
· Willingness to adapt and learn new technologies and methodologies
· Strong work ethic, critical thinker, ability to quickly adapt to change
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work in team setting
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to adapt to changing priorities and show discipline in process detail
· Experience with Oracle Golden Gate is a plus
· Experience with OLAP technologies is a plus
· Specific experience in the intermodal or transportation industries is a plus
MUST BE LOCAL AND BE ABLE TO INTERVIEW IN-PERSON.
- Candidates must be local to Princeton, NJ and able to interview in-person.
- 10+ years overall experience
- 5+ years ETL experience (preferable Oracle Data Integrator)
- 5+ years of Oracle RDBMS