Title: Help Desk Support II
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Salem , Oregon
Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. May require an associate's degree in a related area and at least 3years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of Contractor staff. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ODOT Specific Description
This request is for a Help Desk Support II Position. The contract term is a minimum of three months but may be extended up to six months depending on Agency need. In any event the term will be no more than 1,040 hours. The position is for staff augmentation in the Desktop Technical Support group of ODOT Enterprise Technology in Salem, Oregon. The need is due to a shortage of staff.
The primary roles of the IS technicians are:
· Provide workstation installation, troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair for multiple systems and models, including operating systems, configurations, and software applications.
· Build and configure ODOT PCs for Ethernet connectivity, following agency standards and procedures.
· Provide status reports as directed describing work-related activities and accomplishments.
· Maintain workstations in accordance with IS standards.
· Ensure workstations and their applications are in operational condition.
· Troubleshoot workstation hardware and operating system problems.
· Assist the Computer Support Desk (CSD) in tracking computer problems by using ODOT Problem Management (OPM) software or by communication with CSD.
Assist IS in inputting accurate inventory information.
Nelson WhiteSr. IT Recruiter | Talent Acquisition Team
Direct Number: 302-357-9147
| E-mail: Nelson@conq-tech.com
19 C Trolley Square, Wilmington, DE – 19806
Office: (302) 357-9017
| www.conq-tech.com Disclaimer:
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the organization. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.