|Description:|| ||Assignment Length: On going – 6 month plus|
1) Program Manager handling large scale international implementation experience.
2) Sr IT Program Manager handling a large Veeva Project
• Flexibility to travel, though not routinely
This position provides program leadership to the Information Technology aspects of the Human Capital Management Project. The Program Manager will initiate and lead certain technical aspects of the project including integration of internal and external systems. The Program Manager will ensure the successful delivery of IT aspects of the project. `This position will interact with overall Program Leadership in the HR department, internal IT solutions specialists, external vendors, and direct staff.
• Acts as the accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given project,
program or effort
• Rigorously manages scope to ensure a consistent understanding of business objectives
• Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business
• Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and
• Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and oversees all SDLC phases of a project
• Ensures the positive collaboration, cooperation and communication across the project stakeholders and team
• Ensures that commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
• Oversees the identification and mitigation of potential risks, issues and obstacles.
• Manages a cross-functional team of internal and external staff in a matrix environment.
• Ensures that key project artifacts (e.g. project plan, communication plan, charter, etc.) are properly
developed and maintained
• Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project
• Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated
• Develops the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project
• Publishes periodic project status reports
• Chairs regular team meetings to review progress with key constituents
• Provides constructive feedback to the individual members and/or the team member’s manager when necessary
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
• Extensive experience partnering with business area leaders to plan and deliver projects
• Sound business and technical acumen
• Knowledge of HR system configuration
• Diverse background in HR systems
• Thorough knowledge of systems integration
• Experience managing multiple external vendors
• Able to oversee complicated team structures with multiple workstreams
• Experience on international projects
• Expertise in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools
• Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally
• Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
• Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
• Solid influencing skills
• Exemplary project management skills
• Ability to analyze a wide variety of data and make appropriate decisions.
• Ability to set priorities, develop workflow processes and manage staff.
• Ability to assess strengths and weaknesses of staff members and provide suggestions for improvement.
• Minimum 15 years of IT experience with Bachelor’s Degree, 12 years IT experience without Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum 5 years of people management experience.
• Experience running multiple technology programs with budgets greater than $7mm.
• Bachelors, Computer Science or MIS (or equivalent).
• In-depth Pharmaceutical industry and experience.
• client Operations – comprehensive understanding of client operating structure and methods including a
thorough knowledge of the foreign-owned parent company a plus.
• Experience with validated systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
• Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
• Ability to lift and carry over 25 pounds.
• Manual dexterity to operate office equipment i.e. computers, phones, etc.
• Access to transportation to attend various meetings held in proximity to the client offices.
• Able to travel domestically to various meetings at investigator, vendor or regulatory agency sites.
• Some international travel may be required.