Title: PHP Developer
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time
The candidate is self-motivated, creative,and can deliver rapid prototypes for new user interfaces and interactions forvarious online projects.
The candidate will collaborate with businessowners to translate complex business initiatives into innovative solutions. Acan-do-attitude, with the ability to energize and work with cross-functionalteams is required.
· Developfeatures across multiple subsystems within our applications, including collaborationin requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment
· Analyze,design, coordinate and supervise the development of software systems to form abasis for the solution of information processing problems.
· Investigate,analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technologyimprovements, upgrades and modifications
· Developsoftware solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users;studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problemareas; following the software development lifecycle.
· Provideengineering support (when necessary) to our technical operations staff whenthey are building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for customers
· Analyzesystem specifications and translate system requirements to task specificationsfor junior programmers.
· Documentand demonstrate solutions by developing documentation flowcharts, layouts,diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
· Supportand develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educationalopportunities
· Thisposition reports to the Director of Product Engineering and is a part of a 10person team
Required Skills andExperience:
· 8+years in object-oriented PHP programming
· 8+years of experience in requirement analysis, design, development andimplementation in OOD/OOP technologies
· 8+years of experience with LAMP application programming/integration experience
· 10+years years of experience with source code management practices, preferably Gitor GitLab.
· Understandshow to consume REST services utilizing JSON, JSONP, and XML.
· 6+years' experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significantrelational database engines as part of the overall application architecture(experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: MySQL, Oracle,SQL Server)
· 8+years' experience building web-based software systems, utilizing N-tierarchitectures, dynamic content, highly-scalable approaches, and complexsecurity models/implementations
· Proficiencydeveloping and troubleshooting complex software systems that run inmixed-environments including Linux, Unix and/or Windows
· 7+years of experience End-to-end development experience is a must, Rubyexperience is a plus.
· 5+years of experience mentoring junior developers.
Should someoneneed more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org 203-567-0129.