Title: Associate/Vice President- Private Equity Advisory Firm
Location: New York, NY
Client seeks candidates at the Associate and Vice President levels to assist us in growing our business. Typical responsibilities may include:
• Engagement Execution and Operations – Execution is required in analysis, valuation, marketing material development, scheduling road shows, and other similar activities. Associates and Vice Presidents are expected to lead or support crafting analytical tools, suggesting new analytical methods, and providing rigorous testing of investment theses through reasoned and articulate discussions of quantitative results. In addition to quantitative analysis, Associates and VPs are responsible for reviewing and commenting on limited partnership agreements and private placement memoranda, writing proposals, constructing pitch-books and other similar activities.
• Business Development and New Client Development – Associates and VPs will participate with senior staff in developing new client relationships, including new prospect development and attending meetings with Managing Directors.
• Firm Development – as a young, high growth firm, Associates and Vice Presidents may be asked to support MDs and Directors in developing our platform, including maintaining our customer relationship management (CRM) platform, networking with peers in the industry, and helping create new product/service areas.
• Experience – Qualified candidates have completed a two-year Private Equity Analyst program providing advisory services to LPs or Fund of Funds.
• Education and Intellect – We seek the brightest individuals with a keen sense of intellectual curiosity regarding the dynamics of the alternative asset industry. A consistent track record of the highest academic achievement is expected, including at minimum a bachelor’s degree from a top university and preferably an MBA or equivalent from a leading business school. Multiple degrees in finance, business, investment management, accounting, engineering, the sciences and other similar areas may also be indicators of academic achievement. Top of class MBA candidates are encouraged to apply for Associate positions; alternative asset experience is not necessarily required in this case but a strong affinity for private equity, hedge, or real assets must be demonstrated through coursework/internships.
• Entrepreneurial Mindset –client is a dynamic, growing organization that highly values a strong work ethic, tenacity and passion for execution, flexibility/comfort with ambiguity, and a long-term view with the drive to implement the vision sooner than expected. Successful candidates will be able to handle multiple projects working with different Managing Directors, have a strong deadline orientation, and have excellent time management skills. Client values individuals with the drive, talent, and attitude to engage in the creative and relentless process of building a business.
• Analytical Capabilities –client excels with the more challenging engagements in the private equity space, and our staff are expected to be able to perform comparably complex analysis, including performance, valuations, risk assessments, reviews of limited partnership agreements, and other highly technical topics. We understand that the level/type of analysis expected may not be formally found in coursework, and we thus train our staff where required such that they become experts in private equity and real asset analytical techniques.
• Internal Collaboration –client is a growing firm with multiple locations, and our staff collaborates regularly. Candidates must develop internal relationships in a collegial spirit with staff around the world. We work together as a team on client engagements and strongly believe in knowledge and relationship sharing across our platforms. We are open in our discussions and value a solution orientation.
Should someone need more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-567-0144.