Role: Test Engineer
Duration: 6 month
Location: North of Park City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTION Job Summary
C#/.Net, HTML5 and web based testing/development is good to have
Candidate will be responsible for development, execution, and reporting of automated and manual tests of client’s electronic service tool system functions. This includes verification and validation of desktop, mobile, and tablet based applications, restful web APIs, and databases. The candidate must have significant experience testing applications for Windows that use web services. Specific technical examples are requested to be made available during the interview process. Experience in the development, testing and deployment of cloud based services, and experience in load and performance testing of web based services is expected. Additionally, the candidate must be very comfortable to working directly with team members and be skilled at explaining complex concepts in digestible terms. An in-depth understanding of Web and Mobile development practices and testing strategies for native and browser based application development is essential.
Job Function and Responsibilities
• Work within a team to complete proposed initiatives, contributing application architecture and implementation guidance.
• Participate in project planning activities.
• Quickly gain an understanding of requirements, technology dependencies, and develop solutions for Test Planning and Execution.
• Be proactive in seeking information, clarification and project knowledge from other team members.
• Collaborate with clients and internal teams to develop appropriate test solutions for varying technical components.
• Work independently and efficiently to meet agreed-upon deadlines.
• Provide business development support by laying out the test requirements for a proposed solution in order to ensure proper Verification and Validation testing can be performed efficiently.
• Participate in Design and Code Review for HTML/XHTML/CSS/PHP pages
• Participate in Design and Code Review for Java/Objective-C software
• Test performance, features, and interfaces of Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL databases
• Assist developers and testers with root cause analysis and resolutions.
• Adhere to client’s quality standards by performing responsibilities in compliance with Change Management and Project Management Policies, Guidelines and Procedures.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS Education
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
Qualifications and Experience
• 3 years of experience in related software development where Test Planning and Execution were a part of job responsibilities
• Proven experience in testing Windows desktop based applications.
• Proven experience in helping deploy and test web based APIs (SOAP and RESTful)
• Proven experience in performance and load testing against large, scalable, cloud hosted services.
• Experience with HP Quality Center, Microsoft Team Foundation server, IBM Rational, or similar tools.
• Experience with database (Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, other) testing, maintenance and support.
• Experience in SQA principles, accompanied with a strong drive to generate quality software with a customer based focus.
• Ability to generate, track, and improve Key Performance Indicators.
• Familiarity with software development life cycle processes & principles of configuration management.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is desirable.
• Familiarity with low level data protocols, specifically CAN bus and TCP/IP related are desirable.
• Familiarity with agriculture and agricultural machinery is desirable.
Deepak Jaiswal|Technical Recruiter
XChange Software Inc|10 Austin Avenue, Iselin, NJ – 08830
Tel: +1 (732) 444-2810