Title: Senior Software Architect Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
A Medical Device Company Located in San Jose, California is looking for a Senior Software Engineer Architect to drive the software architecture development effort from the current surgical planning system to the next generation.
• Applies software architecture expertise to design and produce a well-structured and fully featured software development platform for producing and deploying multiple world-class surgical planning software applications and related data management processes.
• Employs broad background in software engineering, open source and commercial toolkits, data processing and visualization, user experience management, cloud and network deployable infrastructures, multi-platform software development, performance optimization on designated or general purpose hardware, modern software build and integration practices, and designing for testability, reliability, extensibility, and maintainability on a daily basis.
• Designs and implements hierarchy structures for independent software modules, making use of modern design pattern theories and/or best practices in software design. Works with and mentors other team members on software design activities.
• Refactors and packages existing and new functionality for use across the organization.
• Interacts with clinical users and subject matter experts to learn surgical planning domain space for orthopedic procedures.
• Works within quality system environment to produce required technical and regulatory documentation.
• Produces and executes development plans in accordance with department goals and objectives.
• Master’s degree or PhD in computer science, or equivalent, and 5+ years of experience as a software architect.
• Extensive experience with C++ language constructs and C++ application design and development practices.
• Extensive experience with open source and commercial toolkits and packages for data management, processing, and visualization, such as ITK and VTK. Familiarity with 3D Slicer project architecture a plus.
• Experience with deployable data management workflows, transactional and relational databases, and multi-client software systems. Comfortable designing configuration and version management strategies.
• Experience with modern user interface and user experience design tools and techniques, such as Qt.
• Medical image data processing experience is a plus, CT scan data experience in particular.
• Familiarity or experience with regulatory environments, design controls, and 510(k) submissions is a plus.
• Good organizational skills and excellent communication and documentation skills are required.
Should someone need more information I can be reached at email@example.com or 203-567-0144.