Citrix Engineer – 3 Contractor Openings Hartford, CT 6 months Phone Interview About the Opportunity
In this role you will be asked to be a key contributor to an existing team providing support for a large Citrix environment composed of XenApp, XenDesktop
, and Provisioning Server products. Your role will include the following requirements:
- Provide design, implementation and troubleshooting support for all initiatives in the Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop and Provisioning Server environment.
- Provide architectural guidance and implementation support for ongoing and upcoming initiatives supporting the Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop and Provisioning Server environment.
- Provide Level 3 oversight to problem resolution activity for all Citrix related products.
- Provide design and implementation support to assist with the integration of project initiatives in the current environment (user profile solution rollout / non-persistent desktop rollout / Desktop as a Service/ Monitoring/ Remote Access Redesign/ VDI solution feature enhancements).
- Provide integration of various monitoring tools such as SCOM and Citrix Edgesight with the virtual environment.
At least 5 years’ experience supporting infrastructure technologies in a large enterprise setting.
- At least 3 years’ experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting various Citrix products including XenApp, XenDesktop, and PVS.
- Actual experience of supporting over 10,000 users on Virtual Environment.
- Experience working with Citrix Web Interface and Storefront including integration with Netscaler.
- Working knowledge about VMWare is required, including virtualization infrastructure (underlying processing hardware, network, storage and hypervisors).
- Excellent problem solving skills. Some on call support will be required.
- Excellent communication skills are a key requirement, including ability to work with multiple teams in a large organization.
- Experience with XenClient is helpful but not required.
- Background with Wyse device management is very helpful.
In a nutshell: The Netscaler design is in place but needs validated, then move forward with it & be the SME on client site. Must have either XenDesktop (Version 7.0 or 5.6)OR Xenapp (version 6.5 or 4.5)