Title: Sr. Cyber Security Incident Analyst
Location: Detroit, MI
The Sr. Cyber Security Incident Response Analyst position is a member of the Information Protection and Risk Management team and works closely with other members of the IPRM program to develop and implement a comprehensive approach to the management of security risks. The analyst works with security incident coordinators drawn from other teams within IPRM to manage the response to cyber security threats and incidents. This role is responsible for working with other team members in responding to security incidents according to established policies and best practices. Additionally the analyst will be responsible to manage the vulnerability scanning program and function.
• Lead investigations into information security incidents.
• Drive efforts towards containment of threats and remediation of environment during or after an incident
• Perform complex security investigations and root cause analyses.
• Assemble and coordinate with technical teams and third-party vendors to resolve incidents as quickly and efficiently as possible.
• Ensure that all incidents are recorded and tracked to meet audit and legal requirements where necessary.
• Manage client’s vulnerability Scanning program and perform vulnerability assessments to identify weaknesses and assess the effectiveness of existing controls
• Ability to analyze large data sets and unstructured data for the purpose of identifying trends and anomalies indicative of malicious activity, as well as demonstrated capability to learn and develop new techniques.
• Strong knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to research current information security landscape
• Ability to research, develop, and keep abreast of tools, techniques, and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis in accordance with current and emerging threat and attack vectors
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems or relevant field of study strongly preferred
• Strong understanding of vulnerability scanning and hands on incident response
• Deep understanding of network protocols and troubleshooting
• Deep understanding of server operating systems
• Minimum of 3 years information security specific experience
• CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) Certification a plus
• Technical Competency
Should someone need more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-567-0144.