Title: Director of Online Marketing
Location: New York, NY
Client is a unique e-commerce platform for culinary enthusiasts to discover artisanal foods & ingredients, along with unique kitchen tools and table-top items. Each month, our curators scour the globe for interesting, local food products and tools to create a unique themed box collection (e.g. Coastal Italy; Summer Cocktails; Spanish Tapas). Boxes include 5 to 7 items along with recipes, artisan stories and how-to guides to inspire innovative product use. An online store allows for easy re-ordering.
Client is venture-backed start-up with rapid growth and a talented management team. Client currently seeking a head of Digital Marketing, reporting to the Co-Founder & CEO. By joining the senior team, you will play a key role in directing the business.
The Marketing Director will focus on growing both the club base of customers and driving regular online store purchases. The role encompasses both strategy and all aspects of tactical implementation in direct response advertising and brand management.
• Drive customer acquisition and retention programs through paid digital marketing (especially Face book) Responsible for campaign development, strategy, implementation, copy writing and creative direction
• Expand and manage partnerships with e-retailers, affiliates/bloggers, and category influencers
• Manage e-mail marketing programs; select distribution partners and craft email creative; run test programs and optimize the email channel & CRM (hot leads versus legacy names)
• Oversee manager of social media &community development
• Drive and manage influencer marketing and customer loyalty program to prompt referrals
• Perform research on new marketing opportunities
• Develop and execute quarterly PR program & manage the marketing calendar
• Work with design and production on creating ad units for email, landing pages, banners, etc.
• Develop and analyze reporting for management team; reallocate budget based on source performance
• Conduct consumer research to assist in all aspects of company positioning, product development, and communications
• Bachelors or Masters Degree from a leading university (study in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or Journalism is a plus)
• Direct Response E-Commerce Advertising experience
• Paper click and Face book Advertising experience
• 2—5 years experience working in Digital Marketing and Start-Ups
• Familiarity and experience with Face book advertising (audience targeting; CPA analytics)
• Excellent written, oral communication, research and phone skills
• Strong computer skills: Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills with a strong attention to detail
• Working knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, and In Design is a plus
• Proactive and outgoing with a make-it-happen attitude
• You have the ability to hit the ground running and work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
• You are located in the NEW YORK CITY AREA and are able to come into an office to work. Remote applicants will not be considered.
• You are passionate about FOOD!
Should someone need more information I can be reached at email@example.com 203-567-0144.
Thank you for your time