· Designs, installs, maintains and upgrades the enterprise's production databases
· Provides technical expertise in the use of database technology
· Accountable for the overall performance of the enterprise's database environment
· Monitors and analyzes performance metrics and allocates database resources to achieve optimum database performance
· Works on multiple projects as a project leader, or a project advisor
· Supports multiple servers and multiple databases of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data
· Provides technical coaching to business functions and lower level database administrators on more complex issues
· Fail-over testing, implementing database patches and upgrades, routine DBA activities
· 5+ years of advanced SQLServer database administration experience using SQLServer v2005, v2008, v2008 R2 environments
· Advanced to expert level experience in PL/SQL tuning
· Highly skilled in SQLServer best practices and standards, well versed in PCI compliance and security standards.
· Ability to provide 24x7 on-call rotation and off-hour support as needed
· Experience with multiple replication methods including transactional, snapshot, mirroring, and log shipping.
· Able to function in a fast paced, high stress environment, possess strong