Title: Data Analyst – Healthcare
Location: Indianapolis, IN
The Healthcare Data Analyst will have primary responsibility to cleanse and integrate complex healthcare datasets in order to create the data foundation for developing key client insights. The Healthcare Data Analyst will work with multiple, complex healthcare data sets supporting ETL processes and will be asked to create summary insights about the data using a variety of techniques like check sums, frequency plots, and descriptive statistics.
The successful candidate for this role must possess strong data management and programming skills.
Expert level of analytics and technology required. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment for the development of key client insights.
• Clean and integrate complex healthcare datasets in order to create the data foundation for further analytics and the development of key
• Evaluate appropriateness of data for analytic hypotheses
• Implement advanced ETL processes to acquire and load large datasets
• Participate in consulting team meetings for client engagements
• Summarize data queries in logical and understandable formats for other team members including; data manipulation and dataset
preparation for client engagement analytics
• Ensure quality of output by submitting work product for quality checks and reviews and performing similar functions for other Healthcare
• Monitor system security and storage performance and communicate issues directly to Solution Architect team for resolution
• Reports to Senior Healthcare Analyst
Desired Skills :
Evident proficiency and prior hands-on experience with Microsoft SQLServer is required.
Candidate must possess experience in leadership and influence along with planning and organization abilities.
Experience in descriptive statistics, and/or Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industry experience required.
• 1 - 5 year’s experience (prior hands-on experience) with Microsoft SQL Server is required. Candidate must possess experience in leadership and influence along with planning and organization abilities.
• Experience in descriptive statistics, and/or Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industry required.
• Data Management and Analysis Accountability:
Ability to engage in a candid discussion with internal teams to guide the feasibility and timing of data-centric project deliverables. Capability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions is required.
Validate quality and appropriateness of source data and pertinence of results within projects. Devise methods of addressing issues encountered throughout the collection, manipulation and reporting of the data.
• Technical Expertise:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office including: PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server including: T-SQL. Proficiency in VBA, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS or database administration experience is a plus but not necessarily required.
• Communication Skills:
Written, Verbal, and Presentation: The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills including ability to clearly respond to common questions about datasets from clients and team members. Must possess a rapid agility to reply to emails, or provide instructions of work stream necessities, issues encountered, and final analytic results to team members in a succinct and informative manner.
• Data and Quality Management:
Collect, manipulate and report data within the corporate data, programming, and file management guidelines and policies.
Independently validate results across work streams and develop audit reports to ensure work product is accurate and appropriate to work requested. Working knowledge of pharmaceutical source data with a specific focus on managed markets data in order to evaluate reasonableness of outputs and deliverables.
• Collaboration and Teamwork:
Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and the ability to work independently with initiative and self-motivation. Capability to work with team members to convey results, incorporate enhancements and standardize production processes across projects.
Travel: Travel is not a significant requirement for this position (0-5%) of the time depending on project assignment).
Degree with a data quantitative focus such as: BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Decision Science, Information Systems or Information Sciences.
Should someone need more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-567-0144.