Title: Senior Analyst – Healthcare
Location: Indianapolis, IN
The Senior Healthcare Analyst will have primary responsibility to oversee development, organization, and ongoing maintenance of data representing a wide range of healthcare information. Qualified candidates possess strong organization, communication, critical thinking and leadership skills as well as data management and programming skills as evidence by prior experience in working with large, complex data sets within the healthcare industry.
• A qualified candidate will also have the skills to validate programming procedures and test data quality once developed or staged by creating summary tables, developing check sums, creating frequency plots, and generating descriptive statistics. Senior Healthcare Analysts will lead a team of 3 to 5 Health Care Data Analysts and oversee their results and contributions to our project teams.
• Design, develop and administer a system for self and team to evaluate appropriateness of data for analytic hypotheses using predominantly SQL and T-SQL, as well as other software packages as appropriate for project demands.
• Develop and direct a process to clean and integrate complex healthcare datasets in order to create the data foundation for further analytics and the development of key insights using SQL and T-SQL as well as other software packages as appropriate for project demands.
• Participate in consulting team meetings for client engagements and strategic projects requiring complex data management.
• Oversee and summarize processes in logical and understandable formats for other team members including data manipulation and dataset preparation for client engagement analytics
• Ensure quality of output by submitting work product for quality checks and reviews and performing similar functions for other staff
• Monitor IS system, security and storage performance and communicate issues directly to Solution Architect for collaborative resolution
• Responsible for developing Ad hoc reports based on client requirements
• Responsible for designing and developing database layer for core applications using SQL Server 2012 or other software packages as appropriate for project demands
• Develop and manage advanced ETL processes to acquire and load large datasets using SSIS and Microsoft SQL Server 2012
• Provide leadership, training and guidance to assigned personnel as required
• Senior Healthcare Analyst Reports to Senior Principal, Vice President of Operations
• Local Candidates preferred
• 5-7 years industry experience with evident proficiency and hands-on experience using Microsoft SQL Server is required.
Candidate must possess experience in leadership and influence along with planning and organization abilities.
Experience in descriptive statistics and/or Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industry experience is a plus but not necessarily required.
• Skills Data Management and Analysis Accountability:
Ability to engage in a candid discussion with internal teams to guide the feasibility and timing of data-centric project deliverables. Capability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions is required. Validate quality and appropriateness of source data and pertinence of results within projects. Devise methods of addressing issues encountered throughout the collection, manipulation and reporting of the data.
• Technical Expertise: Proficiency in Microsoft Office including:
PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server including: T-SQL. Proficiency in VBA, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS or database administration experience is a plus but not necessarily required.
• Communication Skills:
Written, Verbal, and Presentation. The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills including ability to clearly respond to common questions about datasets from clients and team members. Must possess a rapid agility to reply to emails, or provide instructions of work stream necessities, issues encountered, and final analytic results to team members in a succinct and informative manner.
• Data and Quality Management:
Collect, manipulate and report data within the corporate data, programming, and file management guidelines and policies. Independently validate results across work streams and develop audit reports to ensure work product is accurate and appropriate to work requested. Advanced knowledge of pharmaceutical source data with a specific focus on managed markets data in order to evaluate reasonableness of outputs and deliverables for self and team.
• Collaboration and Teamwork:
Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and the ability to work independently with initiative and self-motivation. Capability to work with team members to convey results, incorporate enhancements and standardize production processes across projects.
• Coaching and People Development:
Ability to provide guidance and feedback to direct reports in a constructive manner conducive to improved performance and increased motivation. Skilled at setting work prioritization and evaluating work performance against position requirements and organizational goals.
Travel is not a significant requirement for this position (0-10% of the time depending on project assignment).
Advanced analytic knowledge on leading-edge business applications, tools and approaches to leverage analytic methodologies and deliver value to clients in collaboration with other team members.
Degree with a data quantitative focuses such as: BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Decision Science, Information Systems or Information Sciences.
Should someone need more information I can be reached at email@example.com or 203-567-0144.