Business Objects Developer
Phone and Face to face required
Responsible for creating and delivering technical and programming solutions to meet the variety of business requirements within the health system. Develop concepts, approaches, and strategies to analyze, integrate, and display clinical data extracted from a variety of electronic systems across Penn Medicine. Also tasked with developing custom reports for clinicians, researchers and department administrators in a healthcare environment.
Must have superior analytical, programming and communication skills and be able to balance technical and business objectives to meet end-users needs. Be able to work well within the team and with cross functional application teams and clients at the health system. Ensure system changes follow change management procedures and protocols, create and maintain all documentation for all assigned application changes, and develop, plan and execute testing for supported applications. Communicate all necessary application changes, enhancements, and procedures to all necessary internal department teams.
Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
• B.S. Computer/Information Science or related field or equivalent work experience and three years of related experience
• Knowledge of healthcare operations and data structures and the use of information system applications in the practicing healthcare and/or research environment required
• Extensive experience with SQL query writing required
• Hands on experience with Business Intelligence and Reporting solutions required
• Experience with Epic Clarity and associated date models strongly preferred; specifically the Ambulatory, ASAP, Radiant, Phoenix, ADT, Cadence, Beacon, Anesthesia and/or OpTime modules
• Experience with Data Warehousing concepts strongly preferred
• Experience with Data Integration tools is a plus but not required
• Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service to clients
• Excellent written and communication skills