Title: Sr System AdministratorType: permanentLocation: Dulles, VAJob description:
Member Mail Operations team is responsible for operating one of the largest Mail systems in the United States, supporting millions of users. Mail Operations is a group of cutting-edge application Systems Administrators who are responsible for designing, installing, maintaining, monitoring and scaling applications supporting Member Mail and Instant Messaging Systems. Client looking to gain experience in a large-scale Linux environment, look no further. The job will satisfy the hunger for technical development and career advancement.client is look for people that are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about the missionJob requirement:
- As a Senior Systems Administrator, you’ll share the responsibility of administering extremely large scale complex Linux systems supporting diverse business applications.
- In this critical role you will be a key contributor to the automation, management and optimization of our overall infrastructure and as a representative of the Mail Operations team, you collaborate with our business partners to interpret their technology needs and architect solutions to meet the business unit’s objectives.
• Design, install, and manage large scale, high-performance Linux systems.
• Support host/cluster/disaster recovery and ensure continuous availability of business-critical applications.
• Perform infrastructure troubleshooting, resolve issues and document solutions.
• Perform patching, security updates, and make configuration changes to keep the infrastructure secure and reliable.
• Develop scripts and procedures to automate routine processes.
• Participate in infrastructure discussions with business users, provide input and make recommendations on technology issues, negotiate on project timelines and act as the point of contact to support internal users.
• Integrate continuous development and continuous delivery process.
• Implement new and migrate existing applications to private and public clouds.
• Be a team player and participate in an on-call rotation. Required qualification:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• At least 7-10 years of directly related experience.
• Expertise on Centos is a must.
• Experience with web and application servers like Apache and Tomcat is a must.
• Solid understanding firewall configurations and Linux file system options is required.
• Experience in using advanced scripting skills; knowledge of automation and monitoring tools.
• Experience supporting infrastructure on Cloud, and virtualization environments.
• Knowledge of relational databases, database appliances, NoSQL databases.
• Excellent customer service skills including written and verbal communications.
Should someone need more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org 203-567-0144.