Title: Linux Technical SupportLocation: Galloway, NJType: PermanentJob Description:
Our client is currently looking for technical support staff to keep up with their ever-growing customer base and offerings. Candidate must have the intuition to accurately identify and anticipate a customer's needs. As a rapidly growing company, client is always adding new features and services which mean plenty of opportunities to develop and grow professionally.Primary Responsibilities:
- Interact with client customers via support tickets, e-mail, IRC, and phone.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and provide accurate and timely responses.
- Identify and escalate recurring issues to system developers.
- Interact with worldwide datacenter NOCs.
- Handle abuse complaints.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Write or test client Library articles.
- Quality assurance testing for new features.
- Build and burn-in hardware and network infrastructure.
- This position has a performance related bonus available
• MUST be willing to relocate within commuting distance of Galloway, NJ
• 2-4 years
experience with the Linux command line
• Familiarity with common Linux server applications such as Apache2, Nginx, Postfix, MySQL, BIND, etc.
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot TCP/IP issues, other networking issues (packet loss, connections timing out / refused).
• Ability to troubleshoot firewall issues, identifying problematic / misconfigured iptables rules.
• Ability to troubleshoot DNS issues (using dig, etc).
• Linux System Administration experience.
• Network+ or higher certification a plus.
• Familiarity with Linux kernel a plus.
• Experience scripting in Perl, Python, Bash, etc. for system automation and/or database transactions a plus.
Should need more information I can be reached at email@example.com or 203-567-0144.
Thank you for your time.