Job Title: Oracle Database AnalystLocation: Newport Beach CADuration: 6+ monthsStart date: ASAP Job Description:Must have skills:
Oracle, Exadata & Golden Gate. Flexible on number of years of experience, being strong in top 3 skillsets is what is most important
The PIMCO database team is looking for a senior Oracle database administrator, to work in a fast paced environment, providing both production & development support. This position will work closely with various development groups across the firm, and should demonstrate his/her ability as a technical expert on the team. This is a temporary three month position in the Newport Beach location. Duties:
- Provide production support, solutions and expertise for Oracle, Exadata & Golden Gate.
- Ability to support Sybase ASE, TimesTen & Sybase IQ as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot difficult production issues quickly.
- Work closely with various development teams across the firm to ensure proper use of Oracle features, best practices, and adherence to PIMCO database standards.
- Train and mentor developers in Oracle development methodology and best practices.
- Participate in the DBA team on call rotation.
- Tune complex Oracle SQL proactively & reactively as required. Be able to rewrite SQL queries where necessary.
- Design, implement, and maintain capacity planning for PIMCO database systems.
- Perform Database Upgrades as required.
- Apply Database/CRS patches, PSU’s, Bundle Patches, etc as required.
- Help design, maintain, improve and implement monitoring tools.
- Handle your share of DBA tickets, user requests, routine support and maintenance.
- Ability to work off hours / weekends as required.
10+ years’ experience as an Oracle Database Engineer or Oracle Database Administrator.
- 10+ years’ of database development support, and Oracle SQL tuning.
- 2+ years’ of production experience with Oracle Exadata is required.
- Understands Exadata specific concepts and has proven track record of implementing Exadata specific features.
- 2+ years’ of experience with Oracle Golden Gate is required.
- Expertise with Oracle 11g & Oracle RAC is required.
- Expertise implementing Oracle Data Guard and the different features around Data Guard. (Active Data Guard, Snapshot Standby’s, etc)
- Expertise with RMAN, cloning, backup & recovery.
- Well versed in PL/SQL coding and stored procedures development, shell scripting, and SQL.
- Experience in architecting multi-terabyte systems, including a proven track record of physical optimization, query optimization and capacity planning.
- UNIX (specifically Linux) skills including but not limited to volume management, kernel parameter analysis, shell scripting, understanding of networking concepts.
- Proven track record of SQL and database tuning on VLDBs.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills; able to build consensus and work closely with fellow DBA’s.
- Train and mentor DBA team members as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent