Title: FBS Research Manager
Location: New York, NY
Our Client Research Managers will work directly with leading investors in North America, serving as their specialized client service professional, and report to the FBS Senior Research Manager. This is a dynamic client service role with managerial responsibilities and ownership of specific accounts.
Successful Research Managers accomplish the following:
• Cultivate strong client relationships by creating thought partnerships, providing bespoke and innovative solutions via the our client platform, and delivering amazing client service.
• Identify, establish, and grow relationships with key experts and thought leaders well-suited to assist clients of varying seniority with their learning gaps.
• Own accountability and responsibility for book of business by developing and executing a growth plan through proactive management of accounts and pursuit of commercial opportunities.
• Demonstrate strong industry content expertise and proactively engage clients and experts to understand key industry dynamics and trends.
• Collaborate with colleagues across offices and teams to leverage all of our client’s resources, as appropriate, in delivering solutions that exceed client expectations.
• Regularly plan, organize, and host client roundtable events on timely and investable topics.
• Manage and mentor more junior employees – directly and indirectly – and assume responsibility for their personal and professional growth at client.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to project professionalism and competence in front of clients. Successful candidate will be a confident, persuasive, and able communicator comfortable with unfamiliar topics and challenging client situations.
• 2 to 5 years relevant experience, ideally in financial business services (FBS)-focused consulting, research, banking or journalism.
• An orientation toward action and passion for execution. Ability to manage a large number of highly complex tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
• An understanding and awareness of financial markets, through educational and/or professional background, with sector expertise in business services, banking, insurance, lending, payments, credit cards and/or related sectors.
• Strong work ethic and desire to work in an autonomous and fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Desire to conduct in-person, email, and telephone outreach to clients and senior experts in their respective fields.
• Ability to “connect the dots” between current events and investor priorities.
• Strong relationship-building skills.