For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
This opportunity can be based in any major U.S. city.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Platforms & Solutions, the leader is responsible for driving a go-to-market strategy with SAP around key solution areas focused on the Line of Businesses such as Supply Chain and ERP for the US Enterprise segment. This role will have a unique opportunity to help deliver a new strategy to aid in long term growth of the business by developing new models for Cisco and SAP to deliver joint customer value.
As an enterprise architect it will be expected that this role is primarily engaging with customers as part of the incubation in new solution offerings. The role works closely with other Cisco business leaders, technical leaders, and executives within and outside the team to develop and execute the strategic plans for go-to-market.
The individual requires a thorough understanding of SAP applications, practical experience in implementation, and preferred experience in working with SAP as a company or partner. Accordingly, the candidate must demonstrate business acumen and specific platform knowledge across Cisco to understand integration capabilities, priorities, trends, architecture frameworks, and solution development methodologies. To drive scale and brand relevance in Enterprise, the role mentors field sales teams and partners with Cisco services, ISVs, OEMs, and system integrators to deliver scale and architectural relevance through joint Cisco/SAP solutions.
Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Drive business results through strategic customer engagement in connecting Cisco and SAP solution capabilities to address customer needs.
• Build and execute a sales go-to-market plan with SAP and Cisco capabilities to deliver sales results.
• Ability to work autonomous across Cisco sales, services, and business units.
• Proactively manage the opportunity pipeline to drive high quality engagement and scale
• Drive integration of partner/services capabilities into architectures by leveraging internal and cross functional resources.
• Coordinate technical engagement of enterprise & technical architects with Systems Engineering Directors across the geography to broad reach enablement.
• Ability to incubate a sales models that can mature from incubation to scale.
• Assimilate guidance from Enterprise sales leadership into a scalable sales plan.
• Work alongside the partner organization to ensure we are prioritizing and focusing on key partners to driving broader Cisco/SAP platform adoption.
QUALIFICATIONS: REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Deep applied knowledge and practical experience in SAP applications specifically ERP and Supply Chain. Minimum 8yrs experience required.
• Preferred SAP product/solution certifications for HANA, SCM, SRM, Business Objects, or one of SAP industry solutions.
• Experience in vertical applications of technology such as Retail, Healthcare, or Manufacturing.
• Relationships with the SAP North America organization is a plus.
• Must have applied experience serving as a solution, infrastructure, or enterprise architect
• Expertise in consultative selling approaches and establishing credibility as trusted advisor by executives, architects, industry personnel
• Experience developing an ISV/OEM/SI partner ecosystem to drive joint sales or technical engagement
• Demonstrated ability to map technology and architectures to industry business imperatives
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work in an environment of high autonomy
• Experience creating and communicating compelling messages to C-level executives, with an ability to leverage logic, experience, facts, and passion to influence others
• Must be able to influence others and work across organizations in a collaborative manner.
• 15+ years industry experience or equivalent preferred
• BA/BS degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS: PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Demonstrated management style which builds alliances and emphasizes high morale, effective team work and high professional standards.
• Demonstrated ability to frame customer business imperatives and inspire confidence with a variety of internal and external constituents.
• Ability to drive successful customer engagements to tangible business results.
• Demonstrated ability to build alliances, grow team morale, and seek cross-functional support to achieve success.
• Demonstrated creativity and team focus in a dynamic, fast paced, and changing environment
• Strong communication and listening skills, a thorough approach to complex problem solving, and a high motivation towards setting and delivering time sensitive results.
• Excellent executive communication skills.