For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
Help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey. TOMORROW Starts Here.
OpenStack@Cisco is an emerging initiative at Cisco focused on working with the OpenStack community to create game changing open source cloud infrastructure software. Cisco's objectives include providing leadership in the definition and development of network capabilities in OpenStack, ensuring that OpenStack installations can take advantage of Cisco's industry leading compute and networking technologies, and playing a role in the success of the OpenStack project and ecosystem as a whole. We are seeking great developers who are interested in joining our OpenStack based Cloud project, responsible for developing a highly scalable Cloud platform based on OpenStack. As a key member of this team, you will be working in a collaborative "startup like" model with a team of recognized experts. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key contributor to OpenStack projects, while creating the next generation of network-centric cloud architectures.
We are seeking great developers and engineers who are interested in joining our team, responsible for developing OpenStack features and integrations with Cisco technologies.
The Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for development and execution of test plans for new features, development of automated tests and automated test infrastructure, filing bugs and helping to reproduce, diagnose and resolve issues. Not surprisingly our focus revolves primarily around networking technology, but we are also active in compute, storage, management and monitoring projects.
- Define test requirements in support of Cisco's open source cloud platform.
- Develop automated scripts and environments to facilitate thorough code coverage beyond those already existing in OpenStack's testing framework.
- Actively contribute to the cloud platform technical strategy, architecture, and software lifecycle management processes, as well as development, integration and QA plans.
- Actively engage the OpenStack community and other relevant open source work efforts to ensure alignment of Cisco contributions to those projects.
- Engage with customers, partners and developers as required to support the Cloud platform and its roadmap.
- Communicate with stakeholders and team members to provide regular updates on progress and issues to address.
Bachelor or Master Degree in CS/EE, or equivalent experience is required. Any other demonstrated high technology aptitude is desired.
- 10+ years of software platform development test experience, with 4+ years of this being relevant experience in web-based scalable systems platform software design and development.
- Self-starter requiring little management direction. Ability to work independently.
- Strong coding skills with emphasis on writing modular and scalable code in Python.
- Experience with Puppet deployment language.
- Direct experience with Linux and OpenStack.
- Project experience with agile/spiral development and other state-of-the-art development processes and tools.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to write tutorials/documentation and give presentations.