Cisco seeks a highly motivated Consulting System Engineer with subject matter expertise (5+ years experience) in SAP, SAP HANA and/or analytic environments. This CSE will provide guidance and assist our sales and ecosystem partners in building and bringing to market SAP based solutions utilizing Cisco offerings. In this position, you will be working with partner and ecosystem sales teams to help them position and influence Cisco offerings at part of SAP engagements with customers. Related technical knowledge is essential, and consultative sales skills are essential. The ideal candidate will also have a level of comfort communicating across all functions within Cisco, as well as with clients and partners.
This is a good opportunity for someone to work with today's most innovative company in a highly demanding and growing industry environment. Career advancement opportunities will exist in technical or management roles.
• Provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions, technical and sales support and enablement for selected Cisco Partners and SAP Systems Integrators.
• Understand how Cisco Data Center solutions can be used to help differentiate an SAP offering.
• Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements for compute level, virtualized compute level, network level and storage solutions.
• Have a good understanding on competing data center solutions.
• Understand and articulate Cisco's Architectures and Services.
• Facilitate better communications and understanding of customer requirements between customers, corporate and the field.
• Area or Operation responsibilities to build Cisco Channel Partner's knowledge base and capacity.
• Create, present and document technical solutions.
• Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects.
• Drive identified major account opportunities (i.e. technical consulting, upper level management presentations, Cisco technology solutions, product requirements, and design validation) while allowing local account team to maintain long-term ownership.
• Provide consultative support to other Virtual Team Specialists and Systems Engineers.
• Mentor other less experienced Systems Engineers in the assigned opportunities. Able to take a leadership role in the group.
• Publish white papers on given topics for internal or external use.
• Representing Cisco at trade-shows, user groups, and other key events.
• Continually gather product requirements and submit findings to Business Units and Lines of Business to drive Area or Operation business requirements.
• Regular Travel required.
• Ability to use Web 2.0 and video tools to replace live meetings.
• Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team(s) and/or Solutions Team(s).
High Level Qualifications
• The ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years experience with SAP, SAP HANA, and business analytics
• 5+ years related experience in Data Center technologies with a strong focus on Virtualization, Networking, Servers and Storage.
• Good knowledge of computer networking concepts and the TCP/IP and OSI networking models.
• Experience in tying key business requirements to technology solutions
• Ability to articulate the business value of technology solutions
• Understanding of the deployment and operations of ERP and data warehouse environments
• Cisco product and end-to-end positioning required.
• Competitive product experience required.
• Excellent communication & presentation skills
• Ability to thrive in a cross-functional, matrix environment
• Pre-Sales experience required.
Additional Required Skills:
• BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent required.
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP) preferred, VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) desirable.
• CCIE certification is desirable but not required.
• Strong capabilities in baseline Consulting Systems Engineering skills (technical sales and communication)
• In-depth knowledge in Data Center Switching, Storage Area Networks, Server platforms and Virtualization solutions.
• In-depth industry knowledge in networking and Data Center market segment(s).
• Good competitive knowledge of server and server virtualized products/solutions.
• Must be able to lead initiatives across a cross-functional group of people.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
• Ability to train and disseminate information within an Area or Operation.
• Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.