Title: Senior Analyst- Digital Marketing
Location: St. Louis, Mo
The Senior Analyst, Digital Marketing, will be responsible for producing optimization recommendations for digital marketing and demand generation activities. This role will take on a consulting approach, supporting the Outbound and Inbound Marketing teams and the business unit general managers.
Position will provide optimization recommendations based upon website and transaction data, customer and prospect insights, and an understanding of each business unit’s objectives. Key role that reports to the Director of Marketing.
An opportunity to join our client company at a time when they are building their marketing capabilities across a portfolio of online professional development businesses. This is a position that will shape (from the ground up) how client use their marketing capacity to attract, convert and retain customers, while also helping to reposition their brands. In 2015, client will be undertaking a complete revamping of their brands, making them more relevant and appealing – visually, verbally and above all in the value they offer through their products and services.
• Lead digital marketing measurement and optimization activities, using disciplined digital marketing, website and ecommerce analytics best practices.
• Collaborate with members of the marketing organization to establish a comprehensive understanding of business, campaign or demand generation program goals.
• Establish digital marketing success KPIs / metrics and ensure appropriate coding and tagging has been implemented within associated tooling to allow for the collection of all required data within the lead conversion spectrum.
• Develop reports, dashboards and scorecards that effectively present digital marketing, demand generation, website and ecommerce metrics, accompanied by analysis of the included data and recommendations for optimization activities.
• Work across the Marketing organization to craft targeted strategies that leverage insights learned from analysis of key digital marketing metrics.
• Design and execute A/B and multivariate testing programs to optimize website, content, and demand generation campaign tactic performance.
• Work closely with internal IT, and where necessary external vendors, to maintain and optimize tooling, tagging and the integration of multiple data sources for optimal visibility into the effectiveness of the company’s digital marketing, website, ecommerce and demand generation initiatives.
• Maintain and refine documentation on measurement methodology and reporting processes to ensure continuity and consistency of our marketing analytics program.
• This position is eligible for a performance based spot bonus in addition to salary
Qualified candidates have strong verbal skills with the ability to convert complex data to a simple explanation of ”heres whats going on”. We seek candidates that are driven to find answers to complex business questions and interested in finding the “why” behind trends or patterns in the data. We want employees that are motivated by the discovery process and take pride in identifying opportunities for optimizing and targeting marketing communications.
• 3-5 years of experience in a role that required critical analysis resulting in data-driven recommendations for digital marketing, demand generation, website or ecommerce channel optimizations.
• Demonstrable experience presenting recommendations in a clear and concise way that effectively “tells a story" with data.
• Hands on experience with Google Analytics an absolute MUST
• Familiarity with marketing automation processes and tools such as Hubspot
• Solid understanding of A/B and multivariate testing, user segmentation and reporting processes.
• Self-directed with an ability to work both independently and cross-functionally
• Strong passion for digital media and emerging technologies with a solid understanding of trends within web analytics, search marketing, email marketing, mobile and social media.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills (including the use of macros, pivot tables and other advanced features).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related areas of study
• Experience in the online education space a plus
Should someone need more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org 203-567-0144.