Network Support EngineerLocation:
Fulltime Permanent PositionCSS Benefits:
(Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k, 2 weeks paid Vacation and 9 Paid Holidays) and continuing education Job Description
Basic Criteria & Skill Set:
- Troubleshoot all Level 1/ 2 Calls from customers.
- Ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
- Document all communication with customers in the CRM.
- Notify/Discuss with TL/Manager on tickets that require assistance.
- Timely hand-off (escalation) of cases that require technical escalation to L3 TAC.
- Plan and constantly work on upgrading tech and product expertise.
- Contribute to the knowledge base/ Tech Forum.
- 3+ years of experience in configuration and troubleshooting high-end networks and security appliances.
- The Ideal candidate will be an Engineer, who is a self-starter, with excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Quality focus, result & goal orientation in a group situation, and commitment to customer delight are a must.
- Debugging hardware & software system level problems in a multi-vendor multi-protocol network environment.\
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP).
- Experience in VLANS, Tagging - IEEE 802.1q, 802.3ad, 802.1d, 802.1w.
- Experience in IPSEC VPN/SSL-VPN/NAT/GRE/
- Experience on routing protocols -- RIP V1/V2, OSPF, BGP
ShiftsNew Hire timings:
- Working knowledge of Authentication Protocols like TACAS/RADIUS/802.1x
- Working knowledge on Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper, Fortinet, SonicWall, Netscreen
- Experience on troubleshooting tools like Sniffer, Ethereal, and Wireshark.
- CCNA, CCNP, Checkpoint Certification, CCSP certifications will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
Monday thru Friday and one of the following; 5am – 2 pm, 6 am – 3 pm, 10 am – 7 pm or 1 pm – 10 pm.
Completing 6 months or on reaching a proficiency level if we feel confident we would put in the rotation for weekend and grave shifts.
Shifts are rotated once every 3 months.
Weekend rotation comes around about once a year.
Grave rotation comes around about once every 18 months. Weekend Shift timings
5 am – 2 pm Saturday thru Wednesday
1 pm – 10 pm Saturday thru Wednesday
8 am – 5 pm Tuesday thru Saturday Grave Shift timings
9 pm – 6 am Monday thru Friday or Saturday thru Wednesday