Need Sr. Candidate who is having good exp. with python along with Linux /Unix
Title Python Automation Tester
Location Denver, CO
Duration Long Term
Summary: We are looking for someone who excels at problem solving from a Quality Assurance perspective. The ideal candidate will be a leader by example, someone who has a strong history of defining, developing and implementing quality assurance practices, procedures, test plans and other QA assessments.
• Defines, develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and other QA assessments.
• Involved in the validation of system software and hardware and deployment planning and execution with the goal of minimum to no downtime.
• Will translate system requirements into detailed test cases and ensure proper execution of test campaigns.
• Ready to respond to technical system issues, responsible for upgrading, maintaining and improving lab and production system monitoring.
• Use application log and trace files to trend behaviors and look for existing and potential problems, and perform detailed data modeling and analysis to help drive future enhancements.
• Work with vendors to communicate production problems and suggest desired solutions.
• Learn the applications well enough to think outside the box to create alternative test scenarios.
• Participate in requirements gathering and detailed design reviews to ensure robustness, redundancy, and scalability.
• Utilize software development and scripting skills to ensure proper monitoring of the system and move towards some level of test automation where applicable.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or other related technical degree
• At least 7 years minimum of software test experience.
• A minimum of 7 years of experience designing and developing test plans and test cases based upon requirements and specifications.
• At least 6 years of experience working in an Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Thorough knowledge and understanding of Agile SDLC including requirements definition, initial application design, testing, final implementation and operations.
• At least 2 years of experience with UNIX and Linux environments.
• At least 6 years of prioritizing, scheduling and completing testing required for multiple applications with overlapping schedules.
• At least 1 year of experience with automated functional test scripting
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems
• Ability to perform some level of database administration with Oracle or MySQL.
• Knowledge of programming languages and scripting languages including C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Python shell scripting
• Very analytical and thorough in tasks assigned.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously and work them to completion with little supervision.
• Experienced in all Microsoft Applications including Power Point, Visio, Project and SharePoint
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities, facilitation and change management skills.
• Knowledge of network and application layer protocols.
• Ability to perform detailed troubleshooting.
• Ability to work under pressure with many assigned tasks and hard deadlines