Title: Solution ArchitectType: PermanentLocation: Charlotte NC JOBDESCRIPTION:
A Solutions Architect provides both the technical leadership and accountability for the overall success of a technical team’s efforts including architecture, design, development, testing, and deployment for the business solution. The high-level role requires an in-depth understanding of the business, its operating model and business challenges, together with the technology available for creating a fully integrated, successful business solution.JOBREQUIREMENTS:
Oversee the quality and integration of the solution architecture, design integrity and communications, and the interface between applications, legacy systems, component libraries, content repositories and supporting databases
· Liaise between the business, vendors, project management and the technical team on questions, issues, revisions to the solution architecture
· Advise technical team (development & application assurance team) on the solution architecture options, their impacts and decisions
· Oversee the integration of the new business solution (PPF/MES/etc) with legacy systems to satisfy business’ requirements
· Work closely with Director of Development, Technical Leads, Application Support Leads and Business Key Users to evaluate key technology decisions
· Work closely with support, DBA and development teams to assist the planning and review of project schedules, project reviews and gap analysis.
- Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign along with the Development Manager
- Provide current best practice and 3rd Party solution alternatives
- Mentor and guide more junior technical resources
- Provides overall design principles and guidance for software and hardware integration, performance design, reliability design, manageability design and security design
- Develops, communicates, maintains, and enforces the overall architecture (applications, data, and technical infrastructure) of the project and knows what the system components are and how they fit together
- Prioritizes solution performance improvements based on performance engineering (PE) benchmarks
- Define, Document and Educate!
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in .NET technologies and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization.
- Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to design and implement a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Good practical knowledge of transitioning into operations and support.
- Working experience with BI and Data Warehouse (from conception to complete utilization)
- Ability to lead an engagement
- Good business sense, with business and/or functional knowledge
- Be able to think holistically and analytically and know when to take which approach
- Be capable of visualizing a problem context/situation, develop a number of resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation
- Have a clearly methodical approach
- Experience with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools
- Must have hands-on expertise in some of the following technologies:
- C#, .NET and related technologies
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering software that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Should have participated in, and be familiar with, Agile (Scrum) project methodologies
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in professional services, development
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately at all levels from Senior Executive to Developer
- Ability to work in team oriented environments
Should someone need more information I can be reached at email@example.com or 203-567-0144.
Thank you for your time