The individual has the prime responsibility to work closely with the development team to design, develop and write test cases of software applications. Assignments include Design and developing end-to-end CI/CD environment using Jenkins, server configuration management via Chef and metrics with SonarQube. Work with the development team on code enhancements, modifications, and corrections to the existing software. Should know server configuration management for servers like apache, tomcat, mysql, mongo etc. Duties include designing applications, writing code, developing and executing testing and debugging routines, and documenting work and results. Responsibilities:
Essential skills (must have):
- Exercise good technical expertise and strong business skills, and lead the team in delivering devint solutions.
- Warehouse Design - Work with Architects to understand and implement a solid, extensible design that supports the new analytics requirements.
- Lead, participate in gathering business requirements, analysis of source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data model, and develop metadata for the Data Warehouse/Analytical Reporting.
- Prepare technical Design /
- Specifications; develop routines for data extraction and loading.
- Analyze and determine the impact of technology capabilities and limitations, translate high level design to detailed design specifications, develop, test and deploy code/application in various environments.
- Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts.
- Perform effort estimation for various project/application activities; meet project deliverables as per requirements, on time within budgets.
- Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines.
- This is a highly technical role requiring critical thinking, hands on development, and attention to detail from analysis through implementation and post-production
Desirable skills (good to have):
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science is required with a minimum of 15 years of industry experience.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on working experience in Java
- Strong Experience with java methodologies, technologies and frameworks (POJO, Spring, Maven etc)
- Strong Experience with Database technologies
- Knowledge of ANSI SQL
- Demonstrable working skills using Jenkins, Chef, SonarQube and few testing suites.
- Bash, shell scripting, etc
- Knowledge and experience of working with large scale databases
- Knowledge of Unix (Linux) Platforms
- Knowledge of backup, archival and validation procedures
- Strong understanding of “Big Data” Technologies (Hadoop, MR, Hive, HBase, Pig)
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Mange the subordinates to finish work within deadlines and in time as well successfully.
- Able to work under pressure and with in given strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Knowledge of columnar databases
- Realtime and near real time data capture and processing
- Hands on experience with data-intensive distributed applications.
- Knowledge of tuning and scaling in a Data warehouse environment is highly desired.
- Knowledge of development lifecycle process/Agile development
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance
- (QA) practices and programs