BEAR Data Solutions, Inc. a global IT services provider with 11 offices throughout the U.S. and around the globe. Helps enterprise clients design, optimize, maintain and support mission-critical IT infrastructures. By combining expert engineering resources, best-of-breed technologies, and superior customer service, BEAR Data delivers high-performance IT solutions and services including cloud, virtualization, unified communications, networking, storage, database, security, managed services, wireless, staffing, and support contract management.
Title: Network Engineer
Job Location: Santa Monica, CA
Our customer is seeking a Network Engineer who is responsible for the technical strategy, architecture, design, implementation, and operation of the information services infrastructure. The infrastructure includes computing systems; data, video, and voice networks; storage; all other supporting components; and environmental requirements.
- The Engineer will be responsible for providing the strategic technical leadership in one or more technological areas. They will be responsible for possessing and maintaining a deep, expert level, technical awareness of their particular technology area(s) while having a sound breadth of expertise across all infrastructure technologies.
- The Engineer will be responsible for anticipating, investigating, initiating, and recommending the strategic direction for our technologies. They will initiate and lead projects for the evaluation, testing, piloting, prototyping, and eventual implementation of infrastructure technologies. During production implementation this person is responsible for ensuring quality assurance and regulatory compliance. The work of this individual will include operationalizing the new technologies, training support staff, and instituting 24x7 operational support.
- The Engineer is responsible for the identification of suitable vendors, developing product options, assessing technical concepts, running objective evaluations, and recommending a technical direction, while ensuring alignment with the overarching technical strategy. Responsibilities include ensuring that there is a cohesive overarching, long-term strategy for our infrastructure.
- The Engineer must be capable of working with a wide array of stakeholders, including senior level management, vendors, technical staff, and customers. Responsible for working closely with other members of the Information Services organization, providing technical education and training as appropriate to build the skill levels and depth in the organization.
- The Engineer must be capable of working independently, while at the same time demonstrating a collaborative and collegial work style. Must possess a high degree of accountability, and commitment to meeting customer and management expectations.
- Planning: Conducts short- and long-term planning to meeting current and future network requirements.
- Network Monitoring: Ability to analyze network activity and network related issues to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommend/Implement network monitoring software and design changes/enhancement to improve system availability and overall performance.
- Network Redundancy: Ability to plan, implement, maintain and test a fully redundant network topology utilizing various routing, switching and security protocols including but not limited to BGP, EIGRIP, HSRP, DMVPN, Qos, Tacacs+, Radius, 802.1x, and VSS.
- Capacity Planning: Analyze facilities bandwidth requirement, and system interdependencies to develop capacity planning models.
- Deep technical knowledge with hands-on experience configuring and installing Cisco technologies including routers, IOS & Nexus switches, wireless devices, and Firewalls.
- Experience with remote access VPN, including AnyConnect, Client-less SSL and IP-Sec Vpn from multiple vendor technologies (Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, Cross Beam).
- Experience with Cisco ACS, Prime & ICE infrastructure.
- Experience with proxy solutions including Bluecoat and IronPort.
- Ability to define and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for all Networking equipment. Establish System Administration standards and procedures and expectations, as part of the deployment of new infrastructure services, systems and technologies.
- Understands continuous improvement practices including lean and six sigma.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technology with the ability to advice on the appropriate adoption of technologies providing both tactical and strategic solutions. Ability and technical depth to recommend new or enhanced services, systems for maximum cost effectiveness, functionality and security.
- Ability to lead medium to large infrastructure projects following good project management discipline and methodologies, providing direction to the project team, effectively communicating with project stakeholders, and driving projects to successful completion.
- Consult with other members of Information Services and business partners on systems analysis as a trusted business partner.
- Act as a resource for problem resolution, solving the most difficult and complicated technical problems in the field of expertise and owning the problem resolution process from start to finish.
- Knowledge and application of quality assurance methodologies to infrastructure operations and experience meeting regulatory requirements of infrastructure implementations.
- Experienced implementing and maintaining very secure computing environments.
- Demonstrated partnering across Information Services to ensure the delivery of Insanely Great Customer Service to users of computing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with information technology professionals as well as very well educated researchers in various fields.
- Perform daily operational duties as assigned, including help desk ticket resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preference for a degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Software Engineering, or similar technical field of study.
- Minimum 10 years of information technology experience, with 6 to 8 years or more years of relevant infrastructure operations experience. CCNA required, CCNP or CCIE desired.
- U.S. Citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.