Title: Case Manager-RN
Location: Montrose, CA
- Provides and directs all aspects of each hospice patient's care.
- Assures quality patient care through professional assessment, interventions, and evaluation by the use of nursing process and care plan.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the organizational make up of the agency.
- Comprehensive knowledge and well developed skills in medicine, pharnnacology, pain and symptom management.
- Ability to, assess, admit, intervene and evaluate hospice care provided to our patients.
- Knowledge and understanding of communiiy resources available.
- Competency in IV infusion techniques and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and JCAHO guidelines/regulations.
- Visits patients in their homes as determined necessary and appropriate by the
- Interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to participate as an integral member of the IDG.
- Maintains and manages a caseload of 10-12 patients.
- Plans, coordinates, and evaluates all aspects of care for the hospice patient under their care.
- Provided skilled, preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate for the patient safety and as ordered by a physician.
- Uses or coordinates ancillary services in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Attends appropriate in-service programs to keep current in the field.
- Participates in staff meetings and agency in-services.
- Annual skills competency and examinations.
- Maintains schedules and paperwork:
- Ã¢â€“Â Maintains a daily schedule for alS patients under their care and coordinates visits with the Director of Patient Care Services.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients and complete them in an appropriate and timely manner:
- Plan of Care updates
- Communication notes and progress notes
- Physician orders and supplemental orders
- Nursing clinical notes
- Re-certifications, Change in Conditions, and Changes in Level of Care.
- IDG team conferences.
- Discharge summaries.
•Minimum of one (1) year experience as a professional nurse in a acute health setting.
•Current California RM license.
•Current CPR certification.
•Ability to resolve problems, set priorities, and ability to function independently.
•Excellent written and verba! skills vi/ith demonstrated ability to deal tactfully with patients,family members and staff.
•Successful completion of our pre-employment screening:
Ã¢â€“Â Physical exam six (6) months prior to employment or within fourteen (14}
days of the date of employment and to be done every three (3) years
Ã¢â€“Â TB PPD skin test six months (6) prior to empioyment of within fourteen
(14) days prior to employment and annually thereafter. If needed chest x-
day will be required if the employee is positive for TB PPD test.
Ã¢â€“Â Physician verification that the employee is free of any health conditions
that would interfere with the employees ability to perform the assigned
duties. Also that the employee is free from signs and symptoms of
infectious disease that would create a hazard to patients and family
•Understanding and acceptance of the hospice principles of care.
•Be available for On Call consultation with team members regarding the patient's
Should some one need more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph # 203-567-0129.