Mainframe assembly/CICS programmer needed to:
- Support legacy integration tool/application built on mainframe technology: CICS, Assembly, COBOL, VSAM, JCL and DB2 and IBM TCP/IP Sockets programming, FTP and SFTP.
- Proactive monitoring for failures/abends and early alerts
- Maintain and reduce the failure rate by introducing long term fixes to root cause of the issues
- Reengineer the current application to become a reliable file transfer system.
The scope included but not limited to following:
- Replace TCPIP socket utility EZAZICAL with latest IBM supported utility
- Converting existing backend application VSAM files with DB2 table
- Enhance application to support DSN names in addition to the IP addresses
- Built in features like delivery confirmation, exception handling, status of transmissions etc.
Required Skills/ Competencies:
- The candidate must have a System Programming experience in CICS, Mainframe Assembly, DB2 and TCP/IP socket programming languages.
- Mainframe Technology : Mainframe Assembly programing, DB2, CICS, COBOL, JCL and VSAM.
- Must have hands on experience of at least 8 years in development, enhancement, maintenance and support of the mainframe based application/system software.
- Experience in developing, maintaining and debugging the Assembly/Assembly-CICS programs, TCP/IP transmission via CICS.
Thanks and RegardsAmar
- BE/B.Tech in any stream
- 8+ Years of experience in mainframe technology and tools (COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM).
- Have 5+ Years of experience in mainframe assembly Language programming.
- Have 5+ Years of experience in CICS TCP/IP Socket Interface V3R1 and higher
| Resource Analyst | EApps Tech LLC | 4208 Six Forks Road Suite 1000 Raleigh NC 27609 | Ph: +1 919 341 3167 (O) | Fax: +1 919-825-4801|USA I UK I INDIA I AUSTRALIA | Email: email@example.com
| Visit us: www.eappstech.com