Title: Director - Women’s Services
Location: Atlanta, GA
This position provides leadership and overall responsibility for the management of units on a 24-hour basis. Provides guidance and direction to subordinate staff and for organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling activities for the care of patients, the development of personnel, and compliance with regulatory and professional standards, strategic planning and the fostering of interdisciplinary collaborative relationships. Oversees formation and usage of the budget, implementation of standards of care and standards of practice. Establishes and implements policies and procedures for department functioning.
Some of the duties include:
1. Coordinates the development and revision of unit specific policies, procedures and protocols to meet standards of care.
2. Evaluates patient care through daily rounds, interactions with staff, CNS, and other health team members.
3. Reviews documentation in his/her area to ensure compliance with established patient care standards. Coaches staff on individual performance improvement opportunities.
4. Maintains clinical proficiency through staff/student education, direct patient care and continuing education. Maintains open pathways of communication with all necessary health professionals and departments involved in functioning of the unit.
5. Responsible for orientation, in-service training, and CE for all persons in the department.
6. Collaborates with the Education Department in the development and presentation of needed continuing education.
7. Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings.
8. Manages departmental costs and stays within departmental FLEX budgets
9. Ensures that subordinates meet mandatory hospital-wide requirements and other reporting deadlines
10. Ensures that subordinates comply with customer service and "extraordinary service to patients" initiatives.
11. Complies with JCAHO, performance improvement, and other Atlanta Medical Center initiatives that affect quality of care.
12. Ability to network, counsel, and/or positively influence individuals both in and outside the organization; maintains constructive and harmonious relationships; works cooperatively to achieve goals
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia.
Master’s Degree in Nursing and five years related nursing experience; or Bachelor degree in Nursing and seven years related experience.
Should need more information I can be reached email@example.com 203-567-0144.
Thank you for your time.