Title: strategic cost management
Location: Chicago, IL
Strategy consulting today requires the ability to see how business, technology and operations all intersect. At Client Strategy, will work closely with the world’s top organizations and leverage Client’s expertise in these areas to develop strategies that turn your ideas into actions.
• As part of the 6,000+ Client Strategy professionals in our global community, provide actionable insights to clients, helping them address priority C-suite issues with strategies they can execute with speed and at scale. deep understanding of clients’ industries and our global perspective on progressive business ideas and emerging technologies enables us to drive and deliver transformational change.
• You will apply your expertise in one of two practices: Financial & Enterprise Performance or Operations/ Function Strategy. Those focusing on Financial & Enterprise Performance will work on either Integrated Enterprise Solution or Enterprise Performance Management and those focusing on Operations/Function Strategy will work on Sourcing and Procurement or Operations and Process Transformation. Each area offers a unique career experience and unparalleled opportunity for you to grow and advance. Great things can happen—they already are. Come and be a part of the next level of high performance.
• Employees working in Strategy F&EP will work with a team of approximately 100 others, while the Strategy Operations team is made up of about 180 individuals. The position reports to a team lead within the group they are aligned.
• Client Strategy Managers in Strategic Cost Management will manage project teams delivering front end insight to cost structures and budget planning, aligning clients’ resource allocations with strategic goals. Will help organizations formulate and implement actionable strategies to drive growth and productivity through enterprise-wide transformation with focus on strategic cost reduction, operating and delivery model strategy and global business services.
• Responsibilities include challenging historic perspective and resource allocations to better align resources with mission critical objectives, reduce unproductive complexity, increase investment in strategic imperatives while eliminating non value added costs and rationalize proposed budgets and resources. This role will require oversight of managers, consultants and analysts and interaction with various Client organizations including Operations and Technology.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 3-4 years consulting experience as project and/or corporate manager in Strategic Cost reduction/transformation or Zero Based Budgeting since Client’s model for zero-based budgeting is very unique they are more focused on their strategic cost reduction experience since they will have to train them on the way Client handles zero-based budgeting.
• Experience as project and/or corporate manager in the following areas are applicable:
- Strategic Cost reduction/transformation
- Zero Based Budgeting
- Cash and capital management
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Performance budgeting
• Note: strategic cost reduction/transformation or zero based budgeting are strongly preferred.
• MBA or equivalent Graduate degree
• Strategic consulting and/or Big 4 Accounting experience
• Consumer goods/services, retail, automotive/industrial or life sciences industry experience
• Operating model transformation experience
• Functional depth in Finance and/or Strategic Sourcing
Professional Skill Requirements:
• Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent leadership, management, and relationship building skills
should someone need more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org 203-567-0144.