Job Title: Product ManagerLocation: Metuchen, NJ
: Full-Time Role and Responsibilities:
The Product Manager is part of the product strategy group. Working under product strategy group, this role will work collaboratively with Solutions Management Group, technology innovation group, product marketing group and internal as well as external customers of the software. As a Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
- Manage the day to day operations of the product life cycle by collaborating with Technology Innovation Group, Product Marketing Group, Solutions Management Team, Project Strategy and Customer Care department heads to ensure optimal operations and integrated efforts.
- Development of new products related to Clinical /Pre clinical to supplement internally developed solutions. Production support and maintenance of client software
- Generate business requirements for new features and enhancements, interview customers to determine business needs, and generate use cases. Generate functional designs with associated screen mock-ups and prototypes. Perform traceability for functional and regulatory requirements.
- Review technical design documents and test requirements. Conduct User Acceptance of new or revised features. Advise development and quality assurance throughout the cycle and ensure that gate reviews are successfully met.
- Product Release: Demonstrate development progress to internal and external customers until release deployment. Provide subject matter expertise review or provide content for user documentation. Develop training and sales material. Perform training for internal and external customers including sales
- Involve in Market analysis and competitive analysis, Roadmap creation and prioritization
- Market and requirements generation , Prioritize bugs and enhancements with internal and external customers
- Directly manage business analysts and product marketing group for the assigned product/s
- Manage Performance Metrics of direct reporting and also implement & manage performance-based culture under Product Management based on Pathways Framework.
- Manage and boost productivity and maintain optimal utilization of the teams to meet business revenue targets.
- Manage department SOPs, Computer Systems Validation Working Practice Guides to assure regulatory compliance and good clinical practices, which may include the application call flow, user interface rules, and management of the data and electronic records. The Validation Working Practice Guide may outline key components such as Validation protocol, summary, and basic script writing. Also conduct periodic review on all SOPs and update as necessary.
- Work with the software R&D and hosting vendors in discussing software product development issues or new customizations/enhancements and carry out necessary upgrades in successive release plans. Create and track these issues using their internal ticket system.
- Track implementation project key milestones through use of MS Project
- Manage P&L input & ownership per product portfolio.
- Responsible for Cost benefit analysis and business case creation, financial request for funding and financial tracking.
- Manage internal and external work order processes in compliance to our internal standard operating procedures and tools
- Manage vendor relationships and procurement processes for hardware/software.
- Conduct meetings as necessary with the internal product management team, implementation teams, R&D team, as well as the customer stakeholders to review status, identify any obstacles, and provide status across departments and upper management. This also includes tracking all implementation progress, enhancement requests, configuration defects through use of the defect/requirements tracking tool
- Develop and provide monthly reports to senior management consisting of key implementation metrics throughout the year and historically.
- Identify gaps and provide solutions to improve product management.
- Ensure highest standards of data integrity, utilizing data/process checks and QA; identifies and implements appropriate training program in conjunction with IT and Customer Care.
Product Compliance Management
- Carry out and manage validation of product Management based on 21 CFR Part 11 guidelines and effective computer systems validation methodology
Client Relationship Management, Business Development Support
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Support business development in pre-sales engineering, proposal development, proposal defense, client presentations, and providing solution to client needs.
- Manages external partnerships, alliances, collaborators, contractors, CROs, and FSPs as necessary.
- Manage customer pre-sales engagements and pilot/PoC to successful solutioning processes.
- Manage customer engagement as MaxisIT leadership for solutions.
- Build and manage customer relationships and expectations
- Attend conferences as a presenter and assist in client meetings
- Perform webinar talking about our solutions and customer case studies
- Support marketing activities, producing marketing materials and presentations, webinars, case studies, conference demonstrations etc.
- Support sales presentations and demonstrations and RFI and RFP responses
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Years of Experience:
Relevant Work Experience and Skills
- 10-15 years experience in the Pharma/Life Science/Biotech industry preferably related to clinical and pre-clinical research and development
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Pre-sales and sale experience
- Exceptional ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Exceptional systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
- Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Global experience, including leading / interfacing with offshore teams
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.