Title: Director of Building and Grounds Location: Adamstown, MDDuration: Permanent Job description:
It is the goal of our community to create and maintain exterior and interior environments that are beautiful, clean, safe, convenient, well-functioning and cost-efficient. The role of the Director of Buildings and Grounds is to oversee every aspect of this mission. This includes not only common areas but also personal services to the residents such as housekeeping, handy-man projects, unit alterations and landscaping. As a related function, the director also provides oversight for the management of the transportation program.
• This positions manages 11 direct reports including the front line staff and a project manager Desired Skills & Experience:Top 3 skills desired:
1. Ability to oversee the effective and efficient operation and safety of all physical plant equipment including electrical, mechanical and plumbing, maintaining regulatory compliance and preventive maintenance according to industry standards.
2. Ability to arrange for & manage contracted services as necessary, obtaining bids and directing the performance of all contractors according to company policy.
3. Ability to develop and implement Policies and Procedures to maximize the use of resources (staff, supplies, technology, space, equipment etc. and to assure regulatory compliance).
- 3+ years’ experience maintaining commercial buildings and grounds
- Must be familiar with common environmental service machinery and equipment.
- Common environmental service practices and procedures including, but not limited to infection control, pest control, environmental health and safety and related preventative building maintenance programs.
- Experience with, or ability to learn, the use of common environmental service equipment including vacuums, floor machines and other equipment.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials protocols.
- Familiarity with, or ability to learn common environmental service practice, infection control procedures, pest control strategies and floor maintenance methods.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Ability to provide coaching, counselling and feedback to colleagues in a manner consistent with the culture.
- Ability to use or quickly learn usage of a variety of maintenance and construction equipment.
Ability to work with confidential information as outlined in the privacy rules of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
Should someone need more information I can be reached at email@example.com or 203-567-0144.
Thank you for your time.