Preferably GC or Citizens but open for any visa
Title: Sr.Ab initio Developer
Location: Baltimore, MD
The Sr. Ab Initio Developer will be responsible for ETL tools development to build a critical DB2/Oracle database platform, which supports various data management needs. The developer will implement tasks related to data management, data extraction, business/IT rule transformation, data load to target system, and data conversion efforts, as well as support other production ETL processes and systems in the data management team. The developer will work closely with the Project Manager, Lead Systems Architect, Micro Strategy developers, QA engineers, and Business Analyst throughout the project lifecycle under minimum supervision of project manager/development lead.
Strong understanding and practical experience in the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
· Software design, development, testing data warehouse and business intelligence applications using ETL tool Ab Initio with DB2 databases.
· Work with Database Developer, JAVA developer, Business Analyst, DBA, System Administrator, and QA engineer to design and implement ETL workflow and programs required for various data systems.
· Design new ETL workflow and/or customize/maintain existing workflows and processes.
· Implement ETL processes primary in Ab Initio.
· Propose Ab Initio features for best design, customization, and user experience.
· Develop SQL, PL/SQL programs, and scripts to support various data operations required by applications.
· Optimize performance by analyzing, ETL workflow and query patterns.
· Manage ETL artifacts in source code management system and deploy to DEV, QA, and Production environments.
· Development of test cases and coordination of activities to aid QA/Validation team as needed.
· Analyze issues & fix defects during SDLC, troubleshoot production issues, and respond to business users data inquiries.
· Produce ETL design documents, test plans, and system requirements.
· Strong communication skills.
· Experience working with multiple database structures.
· Experience working with multiple ETL tools.
· Experience working with multiple Data Modeling, Analysis and Design and Scripting tools.
· Experience with mainframe environment; COBOL/DB2 programming
· Experience working with reporting tools like MicroStrategy is desirable.
Masters degree plus 11 years of experience
Bachelors degree plus 13 years of experience
Should someone need more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org 203-567-0144.