- Take the lead on our efforts for continuous integration and help us develop a proper process coupled with technology
- Strong understanding of SQL Server ”under the hood”
- Strong expertise in coding/reviewing/enhancing TSQL including enhancements from SQL 2012
- Monitor queries and indexes in production and suggest optimizations
- Make suggestions and standards for proper filegroup usage and growth
- Partner with the SAN team for data warehouse needs (LUN allocations, IOPS, spacing requirements and growth projections).
- Work closely with the data warehouse architects and the data acquisition developers to ensure optimal data base and data extraction/loading process design for each implementation.
- Management and maintenance of databases
o Manage backups.
o Test backups periodically to ensure recoverability.
o Run Database Consistency Checks.
o Review logs for errors periodically.
o Update databases as needed for new development.
o Assist development team with SQL performance
o Work with development team to determine appropriate access permissions for groups of users.
- Monitoring and optimization of databases
o Use Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler, and 3rd
party tools to gather performance data on server and database levels.
o Tune indexes, queries, table structure, partition strategies and object placement for optimal performanceOther Functions:
o Strong technical expertise in data storage/managementÃ¢â‚¬Â¨technologies for DW solution
o On-call troubleshooting for SQL Server service outagesMinimum Qualifications:
o Bachelor's degree in IT preferred; Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
o Six (6) years’ experience as an enterprise data warehouse DBA.
o Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to carry on successful interactions with both engineering and business teams.Thanks and RegardsAmar
| Resource Analyst | EApps Tech LLC | 4208 Six Forks Road Suite 1000 Raleigh NC 27609 | Ph: +1 919 341 3167 (O) | Fax: +1 919-825-4801|USA I UK I INDIA I AUSTRALIA | Email: email@example.com
| Visit us: www.eappstech.com