Title: Ruby Developer
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Duration: Direct hire
• Use your passion to build cutting edge solutions to solve problems with the right technologies.
• Employ the values and principles of Agile development on small teams.
• Support quality development practices and pursue new and better ways to build software.
• Understand and follow emerging design to appropriately meet the business needs of our clients.
• Use what works while keeping an eye out for new and better ways.
• Actively participate in improving the code base by performing code reviews.
• Reach outside the mainstream to adopt the best of all communities: open source, agile, programming, etc.
• Continuously improve and don't be content with the status quo. Code can always be better expressed, more elegant and simple, and higher in quality.
• This is a bonus earning opportunity
• 4 year college degree in computer science or engineering.
• 3 - 10 years of experience in developing scalable and high-performing web applications.
• Direct experience with Ruby on Rails or similar web frameworks for rapidly developing web applications.
• Experience with REST and/or SOAP based APIs consumption and creation in Rails.
• Strong database skills with MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
• Deep commitment to test driven development using tools like Cucumber, RSpec, Capybara, Watir, or MiniTest.
• Design skills with experience in object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, database design, and data modeling.
• Cloud – we work on GitHub, Heroku, AWS, Azure.
• NoSQL – MongoDB, Redis, etc.
• DevOps and Continuous Delivery tools – Jenkins/TeamCity, Vagrant, Puppet/Chef/etc.
Should someone need more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org 203-567-0144.