Title: Business Manager Location: St. Louis, MO and Pittsburgh, PA Type: PermanentJob Description:
Client is looking for someone who will dive into data, talk with customers, and test new ideas to grow the business. Client intent is for this position to serve as a proving ground for future business unit leaders & executives; as such there is significant upward mobility.
In order to be successful you must be analytical, curious, tenacious, and have a strong entrepreneurial spirit. Client is a numbers driven business, so you will need to dive deep into data to find opportunities and justify initiatives. You also need to be capable of understanding customer needs and figuring out how we can address those needs. It may involve competitive analysis, data analysis to find new customer segments, speaking with customers or a variety of other tasks - overall, we are looking for someone who will be tenacious when it comes to getting results. In addition to your primary responsibility you will also be expected to manage aspects of the P&L for your profession and drive action across the organization to execute initiatives.
The Profession Manager role will report to the Senior Business Manager in the Real Estate Ecosystem. You will also frequently work with other members of the management and executive team.Job requirements:
•Grow revenue aggressively for your profession of responsibility
• Mine data to identify growth opportunities based on understanding of customers, competitors and business drivers
• Compile monthly reports on business performance highlighting issues, opportunities and actions
• Work with customer satisfaction manager & product team to improve course Net Promoter Score (NPS) to 75
• Utilize state by state competitive analysis and market research for new products centered around customer’s’ unmet needs
• Identify curriculum & topic needs to grow business
• Evaluate the effectiveness of current products for continue, improve or kill analysis.
• The Business Manager reports to the executive team
* This position also available in Pittsburgh, PA
* Salary commensurate with experienceDesired Skills :
3 main functions of the position in priority rank:
1. Analysis of business results
2. Explanation of business results
3. Development and leading execution of strategy against business results
The ideal background for a candidate is either management consulting, having spent time in a business development & strategy group or to have an MBA. The key experience is analysis of business results and then strategically thinking about the results and taking action to drive business results.
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit
• Displays strategic thought process
• High energy, and bias for action
• Aggressive Self-Starter Ability to work with strict deadlines
• Ability to be a team player
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Docs Required qualification:
• Demonstrated ability to deliver tangible business results (metrics)
• Demonstrated ability to understand key levers of a business
• 1-4 years of work experience, inclusive of consulting, banking, and management training programs
• Experience with pivot tables and data queries
• Bachelor’s Degree (business degree is most compelling, undergrad and/or masters, but work experience is the more important factor)
• Knowledge and experience in real estate sales, real estate development, real estate appraisal, engineering, home inspection or land surveyors or other real estate and construction related industries is a plus
Should someone need more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-567-0144.