· Should be a technology expert and evangelist, to provide thought leadership to a cross-functional team to determine how to adopt cloud computing (private & Public Cloud) in customer environment.
· Responsible for leading exploratory projects in cloud computing that will be used to define and articulate technology deployment strategies.
· Deep understanding of the infrastructure technologies specially data center like virtualization across compute, storage & networking domains,
· Understanding of the evolving Cloud Computing market and competitive landscape, technology trends, and customer adoption trends and evolving technology needs.
· Self-motivated and experienced technical leaders keen to research and identify critical solutions, manage multi-disciplinary, multi-company focus teams to achieve timely and quality results. Prime Responsibilities:
· Interface with senior management to develop, improve, and execute the Cloud Computing strategy and roadmap.
· Manage POCs, exploratory projects to identify, evaluate and eventually adopt most suitable Cloud Computing (Public & Private Clouds, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) model for the customer with respect to the customer’s business context.
· Work with other architects for migration plans encompassing infrastructure baseline, plans and road maps; application migration plans, requirements and needs; industry leading and evolving trends, techniques, products and vendors
· Work with technical leads from infrastructure domains like compute, network, storage etc to develop a comprehensive technical & reference architecture to support the multi-year agenda for cloud adoption for any customer.
· Should also deliver integrated technology stacks designed for low cost efficient delivery of cloud services as part of technical architecture.
· Should be able to plan and lead all aspects of Cloud Infrastructure projects such as Cloud Management solutions, provisioning, inventory management, CMDB, monitoring, security, backup.
· Develop and drive Infrastructure architecture solution or programs or projects w.r.t. cloud computing in collaboration with the team of program management, respective solution architects for business and IT benefits realization.
· Lead technical architecture reviews in coordination with the lead solution architects and various technical architects for solution trade-offs on agreed architecture.
· Work at the architectural level within large IT organization, and be able to influence the brightest minds with logic and reasoning.
· Research and technical analysis of competitive solutions
· Collaborate with cloud computing colleagues inside and outside the industry to define Cloud Computing adoption models, best practices, use cases, guidance documents etc. Experiences:
· Overall 12 to 15 years’ experience in IT specially more than 8 years in infrastructure solution architecture and design
· Hands-on & recent experience in architecture, design, and Implementation of highly scalable, highly available, Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) services and solutions.
· Hands on experience in creating and deploying complex cloud infrastructure solutions in small and large environments.
· Hands on experience with some of the following service architectures: Amazon Web Services, Google Web Services, Azure, Terremark, Rackspace etc.
· Hands on experience (4 – 5 years) with one or more of the following Hypervisors (e.g., VMware, etc.).
· Data Center architecture & design experience for large customer environments.
· Customer service experience with integration of infrastructure virtualization solutions with other platform technologies (i.e., Storage, Server, Network, Active Directory, Database, and other operating systems).
· Must have knowledge of leading storage & backup solutions.
· Knowledge and experience with DevOps, Puppet, Chef, and other Cloud technologies.
· Knowledge of prominent cloud standards and specification efforts (e.g., Openstack).
· Understanding of information security standards and concepts.
· Familiarity with -
- Networking & security solutions like routing, switching, Firewalls etc.
- Application platforms like .Net, Java, LAMP etc.
- Networking & Security technologies like routing, switching, Firewalls, IDS/IPS etc.