The ideal candidate will have the ability to compose and produce a wide variety of music under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects with competing priorities, improve and create processes involving anything related to sound at HTC.
• Create, design and test ringtones, alarms, notifications sounds, full game sound suites, UI sound experiences, and targeted sound skins.
• Expand HTC’s sound library and music library.
• Build and maintain an up-to-date UI Sound Design production optimized for fast paced composing needs.
• Collaborate with Lead Sound Designer on the development and implementation of HTC’s sonic brand, sound processes and global standards for all things related to mobile sound at HTC.
• Manage large library of sound assets and perform regular QA audits from creation to delivery.
• Assist in managing multiple project schedules simultaneously with competing priorities.
• Assess and improve sound design asset best practices to improve quality and efficiency.
• Communicate effectively with team members, peers and senior management regarding projects and sound design initiatives.
The successful candidate will have:
• A degree or certificate in a Music Technology, Composition or a related field is a plus.
• 1+ years of experience in a sound-related field.
• Familiarity with keyboard or Midi control.
• Fundamental knowledge of midi and signal flow.
• Core knowledge about acoustics and the way sound works.
• Extreme attention to detail and passion for quality.
• Familiarity with common and emerging file formats, compression attributes and metadata tags.
• Proficiency in editing music in a modern digital audio environment such as ProTools, Logic, or Digital Performer.
• Enthusiasm for learning and training with the ability to quickly gather and digest knowledge on abstract & diverse sound processes, requirements, and constraints.
• Ability to work in flexible work hours in an international business environment.
• Contemporary knowledge/experience with music hardware and software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A current portfolio containing a variety of music styles and sound design assets.
• Familiarity with one or more mobile OS.
• Experience with mobile phone testing/debugging preferred.
We should get to know each other if you:
• Are excited about creating engaging, high quality sound experiences for millions of passionate HTC users.
• Love to work with people from different disciplines to create great products.
• Are happy to travel to Taipei, Taiwan to collaborate with product groups several times a year.